2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a test of patience. Very quiet all day at T10, trolled toward north arm and landed my only bite of the day. 20lb spring on a white hootchie at 68 ft. Beautiful day on the water, but felt lucky to have one in the box.

Nice first post, great way to introduce yourself to the community. That's what late summer Cap fish look like.

Whoa some peope are WAAAYYY to sensitive/serious. Chill out! Notice the "haha" that means its a joke. Been away for a week, but it seems like the cap has turned on, and contrary to some (BGM) beliefs they dont all look alike.
Probly avoid the cap this weekend, specialy saturday with the firemans derby, may give one more stab at sandheads if I get a chance to get out.

Whoa some peope are WAAAYYY to sensitive/serious. Chill out! Notice the "haha" that means its a joke. Been away for a week, but it seems like the cap has turned on, and contrary to some (BGM) beliefs they dont all look alike.
Probly avoid the cap this weekend, specialy saturday with the firemans derby, may give one more stab at sandheads if I get a chance to get out.

Wan, Fireman's Derby is the 27th not this weekend...FYI.

Commercial vehicle inspectors have a roadblock at the top of Taylor way if anyone is going that way. Make sure your **** is in order if going that way today.

Out at the Sandheads between 5 and 7pm today and water was flat. Hit two fish within 15 minutes one was a chrome wild coho and the other spat the hook before we saw it and then nothing afterwards. Both on white hootchie at 50 feet green flasher. Still marking a number of fish off the green can in 150 to 170 feet of water.

Was out yesterday morning. Started at the Cap. Hit one jack spring which was quickly released. Tide began moving pretty strong about 8:30 AM, so tried off the Pink Palace with nothing happening. Made the run to the mouth of Fraser. Got the lines down and quickly hit 2 good Springs, that my buddies unfortunately had bust off. Then it went dead until about 3 PM when we hit a nice 9 pound red on a choive/flasher at 50'. Moved back to cap for the evening flood. Managed to land 2 Springs and lost another good one. Attached some photos of the evening Cap fish. Had to pull the crab traps in the dark. Got a great shot of the full moon coming in.

Attachments

• Cap Spring Sept 19 Comp.jpg
    Cap Spring Sept 19 Comp.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 621
  • Cap Spring 2 Sept 19 Comp.jpg
    Cap Spring 2 Sept 19 Comp.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 619
  • Vancouver at night Sept 19 Comp.jpg
    Vancouver at night Sept 19 Comp.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 619
Hey coho.......I think I saw you run past us yesterday morning as you were headed south from the Cap to the Fraser.

Was out yesterday morning. Started at the Cap. Hit one jack spring which was quickly released. Tide began moving pretty strong about 8:30 AM, so tried off the Pink Palace with nothing happening. Made the run to the mouth of Fraser. Got the lines down and quickly hit 2 good Springs, that my buddies unfortunately had bust off. Then it went dead until about 3 PM when we hit a nice 9 pound red on a choive/flasher at 50'. Moved back to cap for the evening flood. Managed to land 2 Springs and lost another good one. Attached some photos of the evening Cap fish. Had to pull the crab traps in the dark. Got a great shot of the full moon coming in.

Nice job!
Not sure if its just the lighting or whatnot but looks like one of them Golden Chinooks mentioned in the other thread

Not much was happening at the Cap this a.m., by mid September Cap standards, but considered myself lucky to box one in the mid 20's. Not sure if the overnight rains sent a few fish up the river.

Hit the T10 around 4:00 pm yesterday for a
about 1.5 hrs. Not many fish marking, and only fishing one rod (need to get another downrigger). No fish and one anchovy chewed up, but that's it. Was using a red/glow teaser.

New to fishing the salt around Vancouver, so still learning and looking for the best spots. Next trip will be the mouth of the Cap.

Anyone have any luck this time of year with Apex and Lyman lures, or is bait the only effective method?

Got a 20lb white at sandheads this morning on chovie. Released a jack as well. Beautiful day out there. So much for the forecast.

We were out at the cap from 430 til dark. Picked up a 20 and 15 lb white springs. Thanks to Tim(aka Hookin up) for some info. We also saw party Marty out there with feelin nauti. Lost a couple ho's but we were pretty busy once the harbour patrol left and we could fish where we wanted to. Good night in the water. Also saw a navy ship go under the bridge.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379825699.985321.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1379825716.155325.jpg

Cannibal Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back