DIY Butt juice scent

onion sacks, crab bait bags, shellfish packing materials (plastic mesh bags). they all work. i freeze mine, tie it off to the cannonball. swing the rigger forward. 2lb balls off the sides and 1.5 lbs off the back. generally keeps the tangles down unless the hali or shark is swimming around with the bait. then it can be a cluster F !! six gills have ripped off the sac more than a few times.

years ago i was experimenting with releasing chum. wrapping a bunch of 1" pieces of salmon in paper towel in a bait sac with big holes in it. send it down to the bottom and and shake the bag up and down after a few minutes. when cleaning the halibut i would check the stomachs. yup it worked.
I've only ever fished Hali twice. But the two times I did, I back trolled on drift, dropped two rods with salmon bellies on skirts and within an hour or two had our two person limit. It didn't seem all that hard. The real key is to focus on asking the right people where the good fishing is. And then being charming enough to get a response 😉.

I've only ever fished Hali twice. But the two times I did, I back trolled on drift, dropped two rods with salmon bellies on skirts and within an hour or two had our two person limit. It didn't seem all that hard. The real key is to focus on asking the right people where the good fishing is. And then being charming enough to get a response 😉.
so what your saying is, i didn't send you a pin?

this works great on the banks.. i like structure and hunting the big ones on anchor. even if it means a release or releases.

Back