2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished cap mouth tonight with a first timer, got into 2 fish 1 small red maybe 8 lbs and a high teen marble
Beautiful night, seen a few other members out as well, 1 on anchovy at 77' other on hootchie at 35' quite a few boats out, typical cap mouth congestion

Fished Sandheads yesterday from 12pm till 5pm. Hit tons of fish, only kept a nice Coho and Chum! (lost a few springs due to ****** line on reel). Saw Kirk McLean out on Bon Chovy. I think they were filming a TV spot.

photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there el pereh, maybe im wrong but I thought coho were closed everywhere until October 4 th, please let me know if I'm wrong!

Closed only in the river. Limit 2 hatchery marked (clipped) coho in the salt is my understanding.

Chum on the bottom - slender tail wrist, no spots usually, white tip anal fin.

Last edited by a moderator:
the chum is the lower of the two. It has a hooked nose in the pic. Look at the smaller scales. That's a good way to tell.

Started at bell hooked 1 undersized spring. Ran to sandheads and hooked a few pinks but definitely quieter than day before due to the orcas hanging out im sure. Decided to troll back to t10. Really quite so went into shallows. Managed a 18lb marble off the bottom in 27 ft of water

Fished the Cap from 8-3:15. Saw quite a few fish caught. We managed 1 jack spring and about a 15 lb red spring. The spring was super chrome. Must have just got there and hadn't turned color yet. Had a few hits, but nothing else stuck. Fished with Waddy29 from this site. Nice to meet you, thanks for the day. Sorry we didn't get you in to a fish. Next time!

We were out tonite at the cap and picked up a 17lb white spring. Hit at 45 feet on a white squirt with pearl on it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379131195.044578.jpg

Cannibal Chris

I'm going to take one last shot down at the sandheads tomorrow. Moorage is up, so gonna pull the boat on Sunday. Good luck to all you guys wrapping it up! See you boxing day!:)

Fished the cap this morning from first light till 11:30. One pink, one wild coho (obviously released), undersized spring and a couple lost fish. Nothing big enough to write home about. Things looked to be picking up a bit nearing high slack as we had to be leave... As was the traffic.

Love to hear any reports today fellas.......as to "where"? Headin' out early tomorrow and hoping to find em' in the fog. ;)

The "white squirt" seems to get a lot of fish over on the Vancouver side from time to time.......multi-species too....

Had a few smaller ones to start then landed one 38" x 25" girth. Apparently, I don't know how to add pictures. One after that one at the same spot, probably high teens lost on the third time out of the water right beside the boat. Almost jumped in to the boat, spit the hook instead. The bigger one's gotta be close to a tyee. If so it's my first one solo. Will post pics Monday, when I have help. At the Sandheads 63' glow teaser heads for both. Fished 8-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back