2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out a couple weeks ago dropped 3 crab traps along west van shore line. Only 1 keeper and 1 undersized. We went and fished in the freighters for 4 hours while they soaked without a bite. I was using spoons right on the bottom. I am going out in the next little while and will report back my results

Heading out Christmas eve, for crab and winter springs. Hitting the same spots will post a report Christmas day. It prob will be dead slow but it will feel good to be back out there.

Got out this morning after clearing the launch at ambleside. We had to pull a big log off to the side of the ramp and picked up a just legal clipped winter spring. I kept it so my boy can try fresh salmon for the first time. About 6 other boats out there. Beauty day. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387657665.335661.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1387657676.180522.jpg

Well done. My personal view is these winter fish are the nicest table fish, and that is a perfect BBQ-ing size. Nice to see they are finding the feed, as well.

Thanks for reporting.

Nice report Chris, I didn't make it out that day. Ended up working through the snow. Those look like a bit bigger herring maybe its time to park the 2 3/4" spoon? Happy Holidays to all.

Fished Capilano at the high slack today. Two undersize, one almost legal. Both on spoons in about 100ft of water. One right on the bottom using a 3.5 double glow homeland security, the other at 80' on a 4.0 double glow irish cream. Lots of boats out along the WV waterfront. Some bait visible on the sonar.

Yes there where a lot of boats out today we counted ten. Picked up one undersized blackmouth at high slack on a herring pattern coyote spoon. The seals where unbelievable they where stealing the crabs right out of our traps. The gates on our traps where all bent and bait was all eaten out of the cages.Only when we pulled our traps every 15min did we start beating the seals to our keepers. At least we limited out on crab!

Yes there where a lot of boats out today we counted ten. Picked up one undersized blackmouth at high slack on a herring pattern coyote spoon. The seals where unbelievable they where stealing the crabs right out of our traps. The gates on our traps where all bent and bait was all eaten out of the cages.Only when we pulled our traps every 15min did we start beating the seals to our keepers. At least we limited out on crab!

They weren't stealing your crabs....lol.

How would you explain the baits being either chewed on or just bones left when the bait is in second wire cage. Then when traps where quickly being cycled through we got numbers. If we left to go fish for an hour we came back to four empty traps every time. But if you where not there I guess it makes you the expert.

I think what FM is saying is they were after your bait, after the doors were bent the crabs took a walk
Take it easy on him he's a man of few words lol

I think what FM is saying is they were after your bait, after the doors were bent the crabs took a walk
Take it easy on him he's a man of few words lol

Lol.

Yep, the crabs are so fast the seals can't catch them...

Went out today from 1030-130 today off west van. We had only one bite and it was 21" so off he swam. He was another clipped spring too.

930 till 3 today. One 59cm at the start then dead till later in afternoon. Picked away at four more between west van and the freighters. All afternoon fish were just shy of legal. Crabbing was good

Outlook:

Jason, Eddie and Bryce have been out in the past 7-10days chasing salmon, crabs and prawns. See the details below.

Crab_Prawn Haul_Dec 2013.jpg

Jason Tonelli Report:

The fishing this week in the harbour was a little slower than last week. We had a few charters out and it was definitely on the slow side this week. We did have a few different weather fronts come in, a high pressure NW and then a low pressure SE, so things were a little unsettled. Does this actually affect fishing? Well it is tough to say,but I always like to see table weather patterns as opposed to drastic changes. If you have read our reports about winter chinook fishing in the past, you will know that these fish move around a lot. As a result, you just have to go fishing and put some time in on the water.

View full Pacific Angler Saltwater fishing report

Don't forget to click on our Pacific Angler Facebook Page and then “Like” and we say THANKS!!! We have daily updates available on our FB page that are not always blogged on our saltwater site.

Tight Lines & tasty candy canes!

Pacific Angler
www.pacificangler.ca
www.vancouversalmonfishing.ca
Facebook

Contact Pacific Angler using bookings@pacificangler.ca or 778-788-8582 for all your charter and guided fresh or saltwater trip information!

Nice feed..

Outlook:

Jason, Eddie and Bryce have been out in the past 7-10days chasing salmon, crabs and prawns. See the details below.

View attachment 9894

Jason Tonelli Report:

The fishing this week in the harbour was a little slower than last week. We had a few charters out and it was definitely on the slow side this week. We did have a few different weather fronts come in, a high pressure NW and then a low pressure SE, so things were a little unsettled. Does this actually affect fishing? Well it is tough to say,but I always like to see table weather patterns as opposed to drastic changes. If you have read our reports about winter chinook fishing in the past, you will know that these fish move around a lot. As a result, you just have to go fishing and put some time in on the water.

View full Pacific Angler Saltwater fishing report

Don't forget to click on our Pacific Angler Facebook Page and then “Like” and we say THANKS!!! We have daily updates available on our FB page that are not always blogged on our saltwater site.

Tight Lines & tasty candy canes!

Pacific Angler
www.pacificangler.ca
www.vancouversalmonfishing.ca
Facebook

Contact Pacific Angler using bookings@pacificangler.ca or 778-788-8582 for all your charter and guided fresh or saltwater trip information!

That's a nice feed for a bit of leisurely flat calm trolling. Any Ricker Super Glow Spoons back in stock yet?

See you out there New Year's Day...

Fished the Cap today from 12:00 - 1:30 (High slack). Had 4 undersize within the first 40 minutes. All around 50cm. at 1:20 I was just about to pull up the lines and call it a day when I had another hit. The fish definitely had some heft, and ran about 100 yrds before surfacing and doing several spectacular jumps and rolls. Dove down and did another run, then headed straight for the boat at top speed. Another jump near the boat and it unfortunately spat the hook. Oh well...got the heart going anyway. All fish in 110'-95' of water, right on the bottom. 3.5 Homeland Security and 3.0 Irish Cream spoons. Both glow.

Fished the Cap today from 12:00 - 1:30 (High slack). Had 4 undersize within the first 40 minutes. All around 50cm. at 1:20 I was just about to pull up the lines and call it a day when I had another hit. The fish definitely had some heft, and ran about 100 yrds before surfacing and doing several spectacular jumps and rolls. Dove down and did another run, then headed straight for the boat at top speed. Another jump near the boat and it unfortunately spat the hook. Oh well...got the heart going anyway. All fish in 110'-95' of water, right on the bottom. 3.5 Homeland Security and 3.0 Irish Cream spoons. Both glow.

Good report...thank you. There is a gooder around or two....however some days...they are no where to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back