2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good one teja, one of the better reports all season lol. My wife was asking me if I thought anyone was fishing the cap today, we chuckled at the thought of alonely die hard quietly trolling along in the horrible weather but fiqured maybe not. I'll let her know you slayed a few.

Good one teja, one of the better reports all season lol. My wife was asking me if I thought anyone was fishing the cap today, we chuckled at the thought of alonely die hard quietly trolling along in the horrible weather but fiqured maybe not. I'll let her know you slayed a few.
Awesome report Teja good on ya!, bigger cajones then me today.

Funny Dave, I got caught out in a major down pour and had the same thought,
I wonder if anyones out fishing in this crap? I guess I know the answer
Rich and I are hoping to run accross 1 last time for some bottom fish before the 1st
may or may not happen. see if we get a window or not
Tim

Even had my own private harbour patrol visit to let me know that a freighter was coming out and who stuck around to watch me play and net the first fish (even called out nice spring over the loudspeaker).[/QUOTE]

That is classic !!!

Great story Teja.

Well, was out today at the Cap 2-5.30pm only half a dozen boats or so. Not a touch for me and I did not see anything happening for anyone else.

A few still arriving....the trick is to get really really lucky and intercept them with a River high enough to drive a big boat up it right now.

Was down at my Marina today and saw a few members pulling their boats for the season.

South Arm-Sandheads has a pretty good abundance of Cohos, fella I know found 4 hatchery Ho's and a nice Chinook, although a little dark. Some local guides have been doing well down there too. I reckon y'all it's worth the run.

Was down at my Marina today and saw a few members pulling their boats for the season.

South Arm-Sandheads has a pretty good abundance of Cohos, fella I know found 4 hatchery Ho's and a nice Chinook, although a little dark. Some local guides have been doing well down there too. I reckon y'all it's worth the run.

Between that report and the improved weather forecast right thru the weekend, things are looking up!

Likely headed out tomorrow....look forward to hearing reports fellas. ;)

Bite came on at 5:00 this afternoon at Sandheads. We had five pin poppers in a 30 minute span. Four were long line releases and the fifth, probably mid twenties, broke off right at the boat. The fish gods were not with us today but what a day it was.One of the guide boats we saw seemed to be doing quite well. Good luck tommorow Pippen.

anchovies, 60-90' on the downriggers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a nice evening out at the sandheads as well, calm water running in and out with a very pleasant air temp. Had three hits, release two big wild coho with a LOT of energy and kept a small hatchery for the BBQ. Hits on chovies and a green glow spoon from 30-60'. Nooky, we got all of ours from 4-4:30, were you south of the mouth? We were north of all the other boats.

Yes el.pereh ,we were about a 1/4 mile south of the lightstation at that time. We started off on the north side and worked our way south.We were marking lots of fish on the sounder everywhere.

At the Cap last night. Nothing much going on for us. One missed hit almost under the bridge then we basically washed gear for the next couple hours. Saw 1 boat hooked up solo who lost it at the boat. Will be back out sunday.

Has anyone been out this weekend? Probably going to head to Sandheads/T10 unless anyone has had luck elsewhere. Will report on what we run into!

We were out this morning.... Beautiful flat calm day. We picked up a small hatchery around 5 lbs and released a 10lb wild with some big teeth and one missed hit. Not too bad of a morning. Also caught a loose rope line with a crab trap on the end of it. It was pretty beat up too. At the cap on chovies.

Chris

Headed out to Sandheads with the Mrs. around 3 o'clock thinking we may have left things a tad late as Enviroment Canada had a wind warning for later in the day posted. Couldn't have been flater the whole time we were there till 6:30. Nice and warm only a half dozen boats out. Ran chovie at 70-80 feet as that's where they were marking and had one double header, mine was a pin popper but the wife landed a nice bullet chrome wild ho. Two more pin poppers and that was it for the afternoon.
Worried my rigs from spring fishing might have had hooks a tad too big or also the trailing hook being just beyond the tail of the bait with the rolling action was creating too big circle for the smaller mouths of the coho to easily take in compared to the springs. Anyone rig their chovies different for coho or is it quite common they don't stick as much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back