2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished sand heads to t10 today boxing 1 that landed me in third place in the sailor haggars derby today after the weigh in at thunderbird marina not bad considering we had engine troubles that killed our morning winning fish was 28 lbs

Came across from the island , lines in the water at noon. One pink at 42 ft dropped other line to 80 ft and started hitting fish right away. Green / silver hot spots pink squirt with glow head. Killer for us. Released two wild coho. Ended the day with our limit of pinks. Into lots of fish all day lots of fun. Super calm for the ride back. Great day.

Went out with Scobo. Three springs 4 pinks never did land that last spring. Released several pinks. Nothing huge but one pushing twenty fought like a tyee. All at the sandheads. The Rcmp checked us out and gave the gold star. Great water like glass all day long.

going to hit the cap in the am, and maybe head down south for a bit too
we'll see what happens

Fished Sandheads from 7 - noon by myself. Started off catching 2 large wild cohos and a small sockeye, all released back and all on hootchies. No action on the green and silver spoon. Switched spoon to a hootchie. Than a massive pink to the boat and a small one lost at the boat. My mission for the day was to catch a spring so I decided to switch a hootchie for a Coyote spoon. Within 10 minutes there was action on my Coyote line, which I almost missed because I was rubbernecking the boat passing by netting a fish. Thanks to the driver of the other Campion Explorer who pointed out that my rod tip was going berserk. LOL. Brought a nice football spring to the box. I can't guess fish weights, but I think 16-18 pounds at least. Perfect trolling weather, not too hot, glass calm waters and enough action to keep the excitement level up there. The spring was caught away from the pack, fishing 60' on the downrigger (40' and 60' all day) but in 260' of water.

Had plenty of pink action today off the north arm to the QA and bell. Fished the evening flood at the cap and landed a nice hatch coho weighing in at 10 lbs and a spring about the same. Whole herring worked well down deep. Green flasher and pink squirt with white head worked for the pinks. Very nice day out there with some hammers taken from all the hot spots.

Nice report Dave, thanks for that,
you out at all this week?
Tim

Out yesterday 7 am till 1 at T-10, released a nice coho caught on a glow white spoon and boxed 3 fresh looking pinks all on anchovies. All fish from 50-100'. Has anyone had any luck running bait without an in line flasher recently?

Was out at t10 in the morning ,one clippd coho about 10 lbs and about 15 pinks. Everything was deep, 325' at 140 on the riggers. Ran down to the light ship got the rods down for one pass and got a double on springs lost one and landed the other 16lbs . Then got checked by the cops ,had all my stuff in order. One barb wasn't cripped down enough so they gave me a warning and off they went. Nice guys ,we had a good laugh with them when they asked how many beer we had on board and my buddy says "not enough to share with you guys,four of you out boating and none of you thought to bring beer"? They said that was the best answer they've heard in a long time .

Gonna have to remember that one! Nobody drinks harder then cops when off duty! Lol. At least the R.C.M.P guys that coach my kids hockey team do...

Yesterday was a magic day on the water, the Crew got into the crown and cokes as soon as we got outta the north arm and dropped the gear, I shoulda put em in Party Marty's boat. Had a flurry of pinks and a couple of wild ho's dropped back in. Two springs on, but both lost to bad knots that Gent Bent taught me. Rainbow teaser head, and green glow with betsy gold's were the ticket. Nothing better than the harbour for cost and lack of work loading/unloading compared to going to the island.

Was out yesterday from North Arm to T10. Mostly out deep in 400' plus of water.. 1 Spring @ 12lbs and about 20pinks. I kept going deeper to get away from the pinks but continued to hit down to 160' on the rigger. Back out tonight at the Cap..

Was out at t10 in the morning ,one clippd coho about 10 lbs and about 15 pinks. Everything was deep, 325' at 140 on the riggers. Ran down to the light ship got the rods down for one pass and got a double on springs lost one and landed the other 16lbs . Then got checked by the cops ,had all my stuff in order. One barb wasn't cripped down enough so they gave me a warning and off they went. Nice guys ,we had a good laugh with them when they asked how many beer we had on board and my buddy says "not enough to share with you guys,four of you out boating and none of you thought to bring beer"? They said that was the best answer they've heard in a long time .

rcmp checked you for fishing gear? or was a dfo with them? odd...

I was check yesterday aswell.

It looked like they had everybody on that patrol boat.

Coast Guard check safety equipment, operator card, and boat

RCMP asked about drinking on board (None on my boat)

DFO check Catch, licences, and barbs.

Really nice guy's and gals very friendly

Did learn that an inflatable PFD only counts as a lifejacket if your wearing it or you also have enough normal PDF's stored on board to cover everybody. I had enought normal styles on board to avoid a ticket.

Did learn that an inflatable PFD only counts as a lifejacket if your wearing it or you also have enough normal PDF's stored on board to cover everybody. I had enought normal styles on board to avoid a ticket.

News to me...thanks for posting Cpt!

So if RCMP check for alcohol, are passengers allowed a beverage if there is a "DD" or is it same rules as the road (no open alcohol)??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back