2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Peahead, great report. I am assuming that you caught those fish in local Vancouver waters? I didn't think any of the local rivers clipped their hatchery chinook...and the clipped ones were US Columbia river fish.

Anyone know if there are local hatcheries clipping their chinook?

Yup, i hear from neighbour chinooks are clipped at the little Campbell river! Don't really know if that could be them though? Good work out there!

Hey Peahead, great report. I am assuming that you caught those fish in local Vancouver waters? I didn't think any of the local rivers clipped their hatchery chinook...and the clipped ones were US Columbia river fish.

Anyone know if there are local hatcheries clipping their chinook?

Yep I've had cap Chinook, chemanus ( and other lower georgia strait ) tenderfoot and vedder hatch Chinook. Most recent was a Thrasher fish this june from the vedder . Tenderfoot no longer clips I am told

I was out at sandhead this morning and it was a lot slower than yesterday but we did manage to pick up a 16lber. Nice morning with some rain to clean out the boat.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378244640.059019.jpg

Cannibal Chris.

Yep I've had cap Chinook, chemanus ( and other lower georgia strait ) tenderfoot and vedder hatch Chinook. Most recent was a Thrasher fish this june from the vedder . Tenderfoot no longer clips I am told

Hey Greg,
LDCC was definately a blast, we finished up 4th with the 25.0 3rd was a 25.4 we were an inch short (hmm where have I heard that before:D) my first hookup we had called in sunday was an american hatch fish with some sort of sounding device attached just about where the dorsal fin would be was a bright orangy pinkish disc of some sort, we broke off right at boatside otherwise we would have had a picture of the thing from the weigh boat, first time I ever seen one of those myself.
Glad you and Tony had a bunch of action, Beauty of a boat, man he loves his toys eh haha
Tim

Anyone out on the water today? I'll be heading out from steveston in a few nights for the night bite at sandheads. would appreciate a current weather report if possible. Hopefully still a few nookies around!

Had a couple buddies that tried to go out of the south arm this morning and had to turn back ! Dont know how it is now though

Thanks Revenge. We ended up going out the south arm at 4pm and it was a little choppy but doable. Not a lot of boats out there compared to most days in the past few weeks but the fishing was good. We ended up keeping 3 spring in the mid teens and lost another. chovies and spoons for us tonight. 50-80 feet in 100 feet of water.

Everyone is quite busy right now so good to know a few and act fast...... Try Bites-on Salmon Charters as well. They are great and downtown at Westin Bayshore (west dock/Thunderbird)
Note Bonchovy has moved from downtown to GI

Anyone out this afternoon? Water bound and hoping for a good tide change bite around 630....may be a little lumpy but hoping the reports are right and it dies down.

Pacific Angler is great. They are in Coal Harbour right at the Westin As well.

If you're coming from Vancouver Island:

Built for Speed Fishing Charters, Predator Charters or Watermark Fishing Charters are fantastic guides as well and based out of Horseshoe Bay-Fisherman's Cove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back