2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
....lightning, thunder, and rain made for a quick loop...didn't stick it out to long. Current was moving and along with fighting a steady 15kn NW wind and the waves to go with...it was a short lived effort...

For those who are at all interested there have been some decent catches of Smelts off English Bay beaches of late-the incoming tide brings a certain amount of crap to foul nets but Smelts seem to be around in bigger numbers than years past.

For those who are at all interested there have been some decent catches of Smelts off English Bay beaches of late-the incoming tide brings a certain amount of crap to foul nets but Smelts seem to be around in bigger numbers than years past.

do springs ever feed on smelts?

Winds are decent. I spent the night anchored out there. Hopefully the 8 seiners left something for us.

Have a buddy who is out there today since early this morning. He and his brother have been catching diddly or missing strikes over the past 10 days with little to show for it.

Picked up some kripple K -602 heads and pre-tied rigs (6' leader) from Derby with their crazy sharp hooks from PNT en route to Kyuquot last week. Gave 2 set ups to my buddy last night to use today and suffice the 3 of them are doing pretty darn well out there with them today! I think they have 4 or 5 in the boat thus far.

Will confirm depths and water depths when I next get a message. ;)

Had high hopes this a.m. My wife and I took her parents out early in hopes that we could tie her father in to a big spring for his birthday. All was looking good at the T-10 until about 10 minutes after we dropped the lines when the hunt for the big spring turned into one of the best whale watching shows possible as we right were in the center of what appeared to be 3 very large pods and had a few very large black and whites surface just out of arms reach of the the boat. It was a great show but the spring fishing was toast ... it didn't seem to disrupt the pink bite that we had hoped to avoid (lost count). Also ended up releasing 3 sockeyes that hit anchovies.

Teja......my buddy saw the show from the Orcas too. The worked their way north and around noon at 110-120 on the rigger in 400 ft of water things turned on for them.

heading out this morning....looks like it's going to be a blinder. 21 striper...see u out there, give us a wave. stand by

The bite was on at the Cap first thing this a.m. and I was the designated meal ticket for the seal who was cruising around just off the marker. By 745am he had already grabbed 2 mid teens springs from me and happily chewed on them while I tried to chase and pull them away (ultimately snapped the leader both times). Lost one other good fish after that which I rushed (little surprise) and had two other solid fish that popped off the downrigger. All before 830am and all on bottom bounced anchovies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back