What's for dinner tonight ?

9qqJpZR.jpg

With home made pasta & sauce, a fine squash and a fine red.

WvUiB9j.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

Quite interesting that even when you put a lid on it to steam it to help cook, you still get fairly crispy hashbrowns. You have to squeeze the water out before hand though.
One of my chef friends used to add a flour and water mix to the potatoes to help them stick together as well as to the fish. Looked like a good idea but I never tried it myself. Maybe just a bit of flour would help absorb some water from the potatoes as well.

Had some leftover whitetail stuffing from the pepper munch the other night.
First time we did that I relied heavily upon a recipe for doing so.
While good, I found the stuffing to be just a little bland for my palate.

This time around I added herb & garlic tomato sauce, Worcester sauce, minced garlic, Smokey Ranchero spice and chili pepper:

VbqcPox.jpg

Spiked it right up and now consider this one to be a Winner!
Again was cooked in the Air Fryer.
Quick, painless and turns out excellent.

Cheers,
Nog

My first Rodeo with pickled herring- they are nice to photograph but hope they taste as good as they look. Purchased from the Fishermen Helping Kids with Cancer fundraiser in Steveston. I bastardized several recipes, but just hoping the brine isn’t too sweet and that salt is ok. Not for dinner tonight but in a few nights...Gotta start somewhere. Also, brined and smoked some and brined and vac sealed some for bait.

Attachments

• 0E80C939-2112-4688-9AC4-0743E308E57B.jpeg
    0E80C939-2112-4688-9AC4-0743E308E57B.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 48
BDF10B96-ED36-46A7-AAA8-47F0A1D07650.jpegWinter harbour Albacore Niscois salad , blanched green bean, new potatoes , pickled shallot , 7 min egg, seasoned cherry tomatoes , sliced green olive ,baked and dressed albacore over spring mix with a lemon / honey/ dijon vinegrette . An outstanding way to use your tuna rather than the usual raw preparation .

Gave my Lady a choice last night - Whitetail or Pheasant.
Whitetail tonight, Pheasant tomorrow.
Roger...

Marinated Whitetail Sirloin Tip:

qpLRf9J.jpg

On the BarBee:

5qZ8cvb.jpg

Sliced:

AMFaDJF.jpg

And served with Cheddar Chipotle Pasta and a fresh garden salad:

CURotS5.jpg

Washed down with the mandatory red, it was absolutely delicious!

Cheers,
Nog
Nog what is this marinade / concoction you put on all your meats ? Looks dijon based?

Nog what is this marinade / concoction you put on all your meats ? Looks dijon based?
While we are at it - would you mind telling us a bit more about the cheddar chipotle pasta

It varies according to the meat.
This one had an olive oil / melted butter base to which was added a shot of lemon juice, minced garlic, garlic & herb spice, dehydrated chopped onion, Montreal steak spice and powdered mustard. I don't measure those, simply toss in how much I think it needs of each based on overall volume.

Enniberg: I must admit to cheating on that one. Although we often roll our own, in cases when I am busy (like at the BarBee) I will run with store bought.
Readily available at most grocery stores:

ca_kn_124g_sidedish_sidekicks_cheddarchipotle_42005_fop-782508.png.ulenscale.507x507.png

Cheers,
Nog

It varies according to the meat.
This one had an olive oil / melted butter base to which was added a shot of lemon juice, minced garlic, garlic & herb spice, dehydrated chopped onion, Montreal steak spice and powdered mustard. I don't measure those, simply toss in how much I think it needs of each based on overall volume.

Enniberg: I must admit to cheating on that one. Although we often roll our own, in cases when I am busy (like at the BarBee) I will run with store bought.
Readily available at most grocery stores:

ca_kn_124g_sidedish_sidekicks_cheddarchipotle_42005_fop-782508.png.ulenscale.507x507.png

Cheers,
Nog

Finally something i can make

Freezer gnocchi with freezer sauce. Apparently there was a salad somewhere. Love the home cooked meal in minutes. I always make huge batches of gnocchi now and get three or four meals out of them. Makes for a nice treat on a lazy night.
20220122_173915.jpg

Back