What's for dinner tonight ?

Made Canadian back bacon from on sale Pork Tenderloin...... 8 day cure, fan dried ,hickory/ apple smoke 9hrs , home made brown sauce, pan fries n apple plum jam = Breakfast

Attachments

• 20220128_125752.jpg
    20220128_125752.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220129_201945.jpg
    20220129_201945.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220130_111637.jpg
    20220130_111637.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220130_114037.jpg
    20220130_114037.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 67
Made Canadian back bacon from on sale Pork Tenderloin...... 8 day cure, fan dried ,hickory/ apple smoke 9hrs , home made brown sauce, pan fries n apple plum jam = Breakfast
Good idea! Where’d you find pork tenderloin on sale ? Hit up the meat on sale thread! Haha

Pan seared Yelloweye Snapper served over a bed of Basmati, air fried asparagus and topped with a white wine Bernaise sauce:

xZMLDqu.jpg

Wonderful!

Cheers,
Nog

Latched onto one of those whole pork loin deals not to long ago.
First round was BarBee smoked chops.

This round was BarBee'd chops with home made barbecue sauce:

Iw1W1SD.jpg

Served up with Mexican Dirty Rice with Beans (highlighted with Smoky Mesquite and Chili Powder) and a fresh garden salad:

RziLnBL.jpg

Pretty happy I wandered across that sale!

Cheer,
Nog

Here's the recipe for the BarBee sauce. I modified this after combining a few I found online some time ago. We use this one chiefly for pork or chicken:

Home Made BarBee Sauce

Ingredients

1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (can sub red wine vinegar)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
I teaspoon Smoky Mesquite spice
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (can sub Himalayan Pink Salt)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Instructions

In a medium saucepan, stir together all of the ingredients: tomato sauce, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, Worcestershire, and all spices. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.

Cover with a lid slightly ajar so that the pot is mostly covered to deter splattering, but steam can still escape and the sauce can reduce. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.

Use immediately or let cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Cheers,
Nog

Cool weather day here yesterday so decided to go with something somewhat simple that would help both warm the house and fill our bellies.

Entire whitetail shoulder:

rThkdV3.jpg

A quick brush with olive oil, a dash of salt, pepper and garlic, then a quick brown all around. Into the clay baker, shaved some of our own garlic over it, then tossed in some onions & taters. Cooked on low heat for a spell.
Here's what it looked like just before it's standard 15 minute resting time:

COw5KZt.jpg

Carved:

1yMWtnE.jpg

Plated:

pQDV5nn.jpg

And Presented:

uMs5gC2.jpg

Turned out very tender, flavorful and moist.
Hearty all round!

Cheers,
Nog

Egg washed & Panko Magnum Prawns, cooked in the air fryer:

dysE4nm.jpg

Served up with a homemade dipping sauce (Sweet Thai Chili & Greek Yogurt & spices), Maple Bacon wrapped Scallops and herb, garlic & wild rice combo:

AlxJDVF.jpg

This is something we thoroughly enjoyed, but I'd sure like to determine a way to cut down the prep time on the prawns.

Cheers,
Nog

Egg washed & Panko Magnum Prawns, cooked in the air fryer:

dysE4nm.jpg

Served up with a homemade dipping sauce (Sweet Thai Chili & Greek Yogurt & spices), Maple Bacon wrapped Scallops and herb, garlic & wild rice combo:

AlxJDVF.jpg

This is something we thoroughly enjoyed, but I'd sure like to determine a way to cut down the prep time on the prawns.

Cheers,
Nog
You may do this already Nog, but I’ll throw it out for what it’s worth. I put the coating (herbed and spiced bread crumb or flour/corn starch mixture) in a large ziplock and the egg wash in a medium bowl. Put all the peeled prawns in the egg wash at once, mix, then transfer a bunch at a time (maybe all, depending on how many you’re doing) to the ziplock. Seal and give them a good toss to coat. This way I can do a bunch at once and it’s a little less messy too, I find.

Back