What's for dinner tonight ?

272953817_10160472127335400_9109816708251762301_n.jpg

How come one of the wine glasses is almost empty and the other one full....LOL
I know which one would be mine.

There are evenings she actually gets ahead of me...

Found this on another site. Have yet to try it out, but it looks to be a winner so thought I should share here...

Goose Legs:

For prep - i just split the drumstick off the thigh of two skinned out goose legs. Thinking chicken wing sort of sized. On one i did the remove the tendons trick with the foot, but turned out to be unnecessary, so you can skip that step.

Steps:
1. in a vacuum bag put in the goose legs, a knob of butter, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, and some maple syrup. seal and put in your sous-vide. or in my case, poor man's sous-vide, my slow cooker on "keep warm" filled with water. it hovered around 170-180 degrees F the whole time. perfect.

2. let the goose legs cook for a while. I left mine in for 5-6 hours, but you could leave them a bit longer if needed. this is probably about the sweet spot.

3. take out the goose and prep a batter. i did mine tempura style, just wanting it to be a thin crispy coating. 50/50 flour and corn starch, with water until its thinner than a crepe batter.

4. coat and deep fry the legs until the batter is golden brown. remember, the legs are cooked, this is just for the crispy factor.

5. meanwhile, in another pan prep your sweet 'n spicy sauce: I used buck wheat honey, butter, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, and a water/corn starch mix to sauce it all up.

6. after your legs come out of the oil (1-2 min), let them drain. then coat in the sauce.

7. serve with garnish, and wait for complaints of not making enough.

I will be saving all my goose legs in the future for this to do a bigger batch. this will work well with grouse legs too, and of course duck wings.

You could substitute this Asian style recipe for your favorite chicken marinade (sous-vide step) and chicken wing sauce as well.

Will try soon and letcha know...

Cheers,
Nog

There are evenings she actually gets ahead of me...

Found this on another site. Have yet to try it out, but it looks to be a winner so thought I should share here...

Goose Legs:

For prep - i just split the drumstick off the thigh of two skinned out goose legs. Thinking chicken wing sort of sized. On one i did the remove the tendons trick with the foot, but turned out to be unnecessary, so you can skip that step.

Steps:
1. in a vacuum bag put in the goose legs, a knob of butter, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, and some maple syrup. seal and put in your sous-vide. or in my case, poor man's sous-vide, my slow cooker on "keep warm" filled with water. it hovered around 170-180 degrees F the whole time. perfect.

2. let the goose legs cook for a while. I left mine in for 5-6 hours, but you could leave them a bit longer if needed. this is probably about the sweet spot.

3. take out the goose and prep a batter. i did mine tempura style, just wanting it to be a thin crispy coating. 50/50 flour and corn starch, with water until its thinner than a crepe batter.

4. coat and deep fry the legs until the batter is golden brown. remember, the legs are cooked, this is just for the crispy factor.

5. meanwhile, in another pan prep your sweet 'n spicy sauce: I used buck wheat honey, butter, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, and a water/corn starch mix to sauce it all up.

6. after your legs come out of the oil (1-2 min), let them drain. then coat in the sauce.

7. serve with garnish, and wait for complaints of not making enough.

I will be saving all my goose legs in the future for this to do a bigger batch. this will work well with grouse legs too, and of course duck wings.

You could substitute this Asian style recipe for your favorite chicken marinade (sous-vide step) and chicken wing sauce as well.

Will try soon and letcha know...

Cheers,
Nog

Looks like a confit! I do that with duck legs, very tasty.

Back