Victoria 2014 Reports

Yeah he's a character, he has done that to me numerous times and once when I was anchored ripped by full speed about 20 feet away and swamped the boat. Classless

Out today with a buddy for some halibut. Found this guy in 220' of water. The cable crimps on my harpoon tip broke on this guy. Good thing the hook was holding in his lip. 50lbs. Had to go through a few dogs and some rockfish as well. Didn't wait it out for another. Windy today. Sunny though.
1524806_10154223590685434_2996320914040433999_n.jpg

Yeah, nice Dave!! There some good eats for sure, let me know when i should come for dinner!

GnB and I zipped out to Constance for the morning. We were practicing hard for the Derby!
Picked up an 8 pound wild and an 11 pound hatch. We also had a nice incendental catch today. It was a 17 pound Halibut, which was a nice surprise. The 8 took a coho killer, the 11 took a dura bait, and the Halibut was taken on a coho killer as well.we couldn't get anything to hit the sand lance spoon today. Great day out there, good tunes, calm seas, good fishing and good company.

Was a super nice day :)
image.jpg
First light at the head
Can't get any better, fishing wasn't busy but we landed every fish we hooked. One unfortunate doggie had an encounter with the prop......so sad. Had a pack of 9 seals following us for a bit and a porpoise show too. Beauty! Thanks rocky

Sounds like a little derby deception to me....one of you fishing the Head and one of you fishing Constance yet you were fishing together? I don't know, sounds a little fishy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! We fished the head for a bit, but no action there. Flat calm, it was either the Breakwall or Constance. We chose the latter. That's where the action was....

Sounds like a little derby deception to me....one of you fishing the Head and one of you fishing Constance yet you were fishing together? I don't know, sounds a little fishy.

Jeez, guys can't even post a legit report without getting cross examined. No wonder no one bothers to post. Go find another bridge to troll under dude

Are you kidding buddy?? That's how you interpret my post? Do I have to write lol or haha after every sentence to ensure the simpler folk can get the humor to. More gear less beer.

Some people read/hear what they want to read/hear. But IMHO, calling someone out in a nasty way only increases the nastiness.
[xHa3D-musUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHa3D-musUw

Goitzy, sweet work!

Especially the one in the teeth!

Hope any of you guys who I was watching anchored up off Oak Bay are doing well!! Sitting in the pool at the hotel watching the world go by. ;)

So I'm expecting we'll take a break from hali fishing on Saturday, and try to pick up a salmon on constance. I've never trolled constance in the summer-do guys fish it pretty shallow like 40-70 feet, or deeper?

I always run 1 rod near the bottom when I fish Constance this time of year. Until I can figure out where they are.

Back