2024 Powell River Reports

Coho point, three unders, two keepers. Kids caught these, 220 on the rigger, 260’ deep. Cop car hoochie and flasher on one side, purple haze hoochie and flasher on the other, double header. Died off after slack.
Nice job. You did better than we did. 3 undersized was all we could drag up right at slack. Fished the mill and backside of harwood

Non stop action this morning, solo. couple unders,first keeper wild 25 inch, got another hit started playing it, other rod went off, popped it out the clip loosened the drag stuck it the holder kept tension on with motor, laid eyes on first fish. It was an undersized, grabbed other rod and landed nice tubby hatchery. Skinny g herring aid and no bananas, first time fishing, love them.
Be bringing the girl out for night bite.
220-240 on the rigger 220- 280 f.o.w
Coho point.
These box crab are delicious!

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    431.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0160.jpeg
    IMG_0160.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
The guys at the tackle store made fun of me for buying a pack of gold sparkle hoochies. Nice to hear they might actually work one day.

The guys at the tackle store made fun of me for buying a pack of gold sparkle hoochies. Nice to hear they might actually work one day.
That’s funny my buddy says he’s slays with the gold sparkle hoochie, he called me when I was out today, told me to put it down. I got a hit on it right away, undersized, but it was a couple hours after the bite and the tide was ripping. I’ll be fishing it again for sure.

Fished the sandbanks, right at slack for half an hour on the way to pick up my crab traps. Put gold hoochie down and got a hit instantly, caught an undersized. Landed a nice keeper 20 minutes later on squid Hoochie. Some *astard stole my trap though, just got it.🤬

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpeg
    IMG_0222.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0226.jpeg
    IMG_0226.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0211.jpeg
    IMG_0211.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Fished the sandbanks, right at slack for half an hour on the way to pick up my crab traps. Put gold hoochie down and got a hit instantly, caught an undersized. Landed a nice keeper 20 minutes later on squid. Some ******* stole my trap though, just got it.🤬
That's sucks. Trap stealing is just low.

Fished the sandbanks, right at slack for half an hour on the way to pick up my crab traps. Put gold hoochie down and got a hit instantly, caught an undersized. Landed a nice keeper 20 minutes later on squid Hoochie. Some *astard stole my trap though, just got it.🤬
nice fish. Thanks for the update. Don’t see many traps like that around town. Will keep my eyes open

Hello, Heading to Powell River to scan for PIT tags under cleaning tables as part of ongoing ocean survival research (https://www.survivalbottlenecks.ca/). We are aware of cleaning tables on the two docks immediately north of the ferry terminal and at the boat launch. Also aware of the table at beachside gardens. Are there any others? Docks south of the ferry? Lund, Stillwater Bay, Saltery Bay? Any tips appreciated

Caught some nice fish today, loving the gold hoochie’s. They seem to be out fishing everything else I put down. Coho point, 220-240 on the rigger, 220-240 f.o.w

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0291.jpeg
    IMG_0291.jpeg