Victoria 2014 Reports

We hit the flats today as well. Both my boys had ball hockey this morning, so I didn't hit the water until early afternoon. Had the old skunkaroo.
That was me who waved at you RS making a pass on B ledge.
Great day, first time out in a while....

Nice to see you Rockdog, 19' bayliner right ?
not much to report for us, in fact dry as a popcorn fart.
hope it gets better soon.

I'm thinkin the Hali gear is staying out for a while longer, save some money on fuel until it looks a little more worthwhile for salmon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if a slow motor mooch with cut-plug would have been productive around OB yesterday near the bait.

Fished yesterday. Lots of bait/birds around gravel pit. One hit that didnt stick. Ventured to OB flats. Marked a few fish in the usual spots. One hit and got him half way when he lure popped out and flew back into the boat. Rough ride back around 4.

JL

Fished yesterday. Lots of bait/birds around gravel pit. One hit that didnt stick. Ventured to OB flats. Marked a few fish in the usual spots. One hit and got him half way when he lure popped out and flew back into the boat. Rough ride back around 4.

JL

Rough ride in your boat!......musta been a least a 8' chop then eh!!!!

Fished constance this am from 9-1130. Red hot. Five fish landed and lost a sixth. All fish were feeders (under 10) all hatchery. Feed was on very large needlefish.

JL

image.jpg

brine em & hook em up...that or a tiny strip ;)

We put sometime in today and picked up three Hali's 35 lbs ish on Constance. Had to work threw a few doggies... A Great day on the water..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out at constance at 730. Slower than yesterday. Managed two hatch feeders. Fish were feeding on both needlefish and one of the fish had a herring today. Herring was about 5-6". Then tried on flats for a bigger fish but nothing doing there. No marked fish on the flood. Had to head in as the tide was changing.

JL

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of Pedder this morning. Got one Hali, had a couple dogs as well. Pretty breezy out there, but manageable.

Can't remember if we still have "the wall of shame" thread, but this one could probably make it. Was literally the only one in the entire Pedder/Mud Hole area, and this guy comes cruising right us. He veers off within a couple hundred feet of us to pass my anchored boat - me and my crew all wave, not one of their four waves back. Proceed to drop pick maybe 250 - 300 meters away (upstream at least). It was close - they were on the same pinnacle as me and I could read the name of the boat from where I was. Boat was called "Killer Beas". Forgot to take a shot as he was anchored, but got one as they had just about finished pulling anchor, when they were farther away.

I really don't see the need to get close until an area really starts filling with boats, and even then, not really a good idea. Hey, we've all made mistakes, but still, safety is a concern here, especially when anchoring close through slack. Plus, not all the halibut are under one boat. I'm think I'm just more irritated due to the lack of waving. LOL.

IMG_20140607_113057.jpg

There was a fellow on friday anchored in the hole off of Brodie rock OB flats. Came as a surprise as I was trolling past him. He had anchored his boat on the port stern.

I was kind a pissed off as I couldn't tell he was anchored until I was beside him, we could have gotten tangled up and the most important SO FREAKING DANGEROUS. One wave from a bigger boat could have pulled his stern under. Sorry, I never give my two cents but........back to reports.

JL

Back