Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get frustrated by the Nucks continuing to bring in European players by trades or free agency during the off season. I would like to see them go after some gritty Canadian talent as a priority. However I have no illutions that without the Sedins the Nucks wouldn't have made the playoffs over the past decade. They may fade in the playoffs but ghey got the team there. Some gritty Canadian talent would take over in the playoffs and take the top checkers off the Sedins.

I get frustrated by the Nucks continuing to bring in European players by trades or free agency during the off season. I would like to see them go after some gritty Canadian talent as a priority. However I have no illutions that without the Sedins the Nucks wouldn't have made the playoffs over the past decade. They may fade in the playoffs but ghey got the team there. Some gritty Canadian talent would take over in the playoffs and take the top checkers off the Sedins.
Kessler' line was supposed to do that and failed

the memorial cup in junior hockey is one of the toughest championship to win, 60 teams between the 3 leagues.
more teams make the playoffs in the nhl than are sitting and watching by the way.

Travis Green has coached the AHL Utica Comets for the past two seasons, is rumoured to be the front runner to replace Willy. Lots of so called experts think Green deserves the promotion into the NHL.

Career suicide imo
Fd

Agree.......sure he did a good job in Utica despite a notable amount of his team getting called up due to injuries. But coming from the farm.....to a team in a rebuild....in a big hockey market.....I'd rather hit the open market as his contract is up.

One only has to look at Willie who came from the same ranks....yet Willie won a Calder which vaulted him to the NHL; not a road I would go down if I was Green especially with a whacky ownership group and Linden involved. I know I'll get roasted for this as yes Linden is an icon in this market but he is not overly liked outside this market in front offices.

Agree.......sure he did a good job in Utica despite a notable amount of his team getting called up due to injuries. But coming from the farm.....to a team in a rebuild....in a big hockey market.....I'd rather hit the open market as his contract is up.

One only has to look at Willie who came from the same ranks....yet Willie won a Calder which vaulted him to the NHL; not a road I would go down if I was Green especially with a whacky ownership group and Linden involved. I know I'll get roasted for this as yes Linden is an icon in this market but he is not overly liked outside this market in front offices.
I never agreed with them hiring Linden. His history with the union plus his inexperience was a recipe for failure

Pretty much
But for hearsay if I was a coach, and I had an opportunity to coach any of the Oilers teams The past 10 years , versus what the Canucks roster is today , i'm pretty sure I know who I would have been coaching !!

I put IN my 10 years of misery and still watched almost every game ! now it's our turn to enjoy some success hopefully , I think we will be a franchise to deal with for the next 10 years , good luck to you guys !! enjoy the ride , its not fun...

FD

Just like all the oilers coaches from 1990 to this year

The promote from within mentality has never worked, you need to hire bonafide people, not because they bleed blue and copper.

Nichols, Chiarelli and McLellan all have established credentials and are respected and look how the team turned around this season.

To do otherwise is like Einsteins definition of insanity.... Hopefully the Canucks can break that cycle as well.

Hey Pips i see your boy Zack played a hell of a game last night. He is just the type of player the nucks could use, just imagine him and that grinder for Calgary that they passed on in last years draft, man would they be something together :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back