New Years Celebrations

Doug

What are your plans to celebrate New Years?

My usual New Years involves a big meal, drinks and falling a sleep on the couch at 10 and not seeing New Years. This year I will be up to watch fireworks.

I was just reading the news in Honolulu and a article on Fireworks on New Years.

On Oahu you can get a permit and purchase firecrackers and air bomb fireworks. The permit is easy to get with just filling out a paper and that gives you the right to purchase firecracker and for air bombs you must have a different permit. At numerous stores they have firecrackers on pallets, piled 6 ft high. $5 for 500 and $30 for 2,000 super size crackers, and there are some firecrackers that are the size of shot gun shells.

From what I hear it is nuts with fireworks in Waikiki at midnight and none stop fireworks for an hour. Legal and illegal.

The illegal market is huge here and in the last two week the police have confiscated 64,000lb of illegal fireworks and just in the last few days, one of those busts was a container with 17 tons at the shipping docks.

They had 6 major burns to people and one fatality due to fireworks last year.

Happy New Year.

What are your plans to celebrate New Years?

My usual New Years involves a big meal, drinks and falling a sleep on the couch at 10 and not seeing New Years. This year I will be up to watch fireworks.

I was just reading the news in Honolulu and a article on Fireworks on New Years.

On Oahu you can get a permit and purchase firecrackers and air bomb fireworks. The permit is easy to get with just filling out a paper and that gives you the right to purchase firecracker and for air bombs you must have a different permit. At numerous stores they have firecrackers on pallets, piled 6 ft high. $5 for 500 and $30 for 2,000 super size crackers, and there are some firecrackers that are the size of shot gun shells.

From what I hear it is nuts with fireworks in Waikiki at midnight and none stop fireworks for an hour. Legal and illegal.

The illegal market is huge here and in the last two week the police have confiscated 64,000lb of illegal fireworks and just in the last few days, one of those busts was a container with 17 tons at the shipping docks.

They had 6 major burns to people and one fatality due to fireworks last year.

Happy New Year.
We did the nightclub and fireworks on the beach in Waikiki before we had kids. It was really nice. Now I'll just get yelled at for not doing something right or fast enough. I'm probably doing something wrong as we speak.

Probably board games and passing out before midnight. Planning to fish New Year’s Day, but wind forecast isn’t very appealing

New Years Fireworks were great. The major display started at midnight on a barge and went on for 20 minutes. There were thousands of people lining the beach and most of the streets downtown had to be shut down after the fireworks because of too many people and most drunk.

Fireworks started all over the city at 8 and it was none stop in every direction you looked and with big big air bomb until 1am. Someone living a block over from us, was setting off fire crackers packs of 2,000 all at one time. It was unreal hearing a string of 2,000 going off and he did it 10X over the night. By 1 am the sky was full of smoke which looked like clouds

Attachments

• fireworks 1.jpg
    fireworks 1.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 6
  • fireworks.jpg
    fireworks.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 6
Had fondue with my aunt and uncle on Salt Spring, managed to stay up to see fireworks across the channel in Crofton. Someone spent some serious money on the show! Allowed myself one glass of wine, slept in and went for a walk at Ruckle today. No hangover, no worries. Excellent wine though.

Attachments

• 5F8DFFCB-AEDF-4DB2-BE90-7C4B94150197.jpeg
    5F8DFFCB-AEDF-4DB2-BE90-7C4B94150197.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 17
  • B8FF775F-BAC0-4520-A186-6ED7EEA339BA.jpeg
    B8FF775F-BAC0-4520-A186-6ED7EEA339BA.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 17
Back