Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all coming together. Tank for a couple of years then the twins retire and the rebuild is on. Can't keep the illusion that we are close to being competitive. There will be pain.

The twins should be benched for the first period so they'll have enough gas in the tank to perform in the second and third.

All this talk of the twins being the problem and needing to be replaced is pointless, there's not enough talent coming forward. The team has no choice both contractually and practically but to keep playing them. Horvat is emerging as a quality player, but he's just one guy. Years of poor trading and drafting have left the cupboard very bare indeed.

Wow bottom of page 2. look what happens when i head to the rink to dust of the skates because apparently according to FD i know nothing about hockey as i hadn't played in a long time, problem was there were no scouts in the stands, must have been watching FD instead :rolleyes:. Gotta say though your boys are looking mighty fine lately:eek:

I would suggest putting them on separate lines for the remainder of the season and let the younger players benefit from there skills. I get the feeling they will hang them up in the off season and green light a true rebuild. Or just trade them to a team that will have them, if they continue to want to be together. Fourteen Million app. will buy some great talent.;) eman

I would suggest putting them on separate lines for the remainder of the season and let the younger players benefit from there skills. I get the feeling they will hang them up in the off season and green light a true rebuild. Or just trade them to a team that will have them, if they continue to want to be together. Fourteen Million app. will buy some great talent.;) eman

Now hear this!!

The Sedins will not be traded!

It will be tough times for Canucks as the Erickson experiment didn't work.

They have one more year on their contracts and then will fade back to Sweden.

Canucks won't be much of a threat until maybe 2019. Sad but true

Just trying to be realistic.

No team will take either of them with their contracts.

I would have to agree with you on that. There's no reason for them not to play out there contract. I just feel they could be of more value to the team if they were split up, rather then to keep trying to build the teams success around them. Just my observation.;) eman

The Twins have lasted far longer than many would have expected. They are still decent 2/3rd line players, but the Canucks don't have anyone else better than a 3rd line player so they have to play play first line minutes and competition. We can probably expect them to decline even more next year, and yes for 7 million each they will definitely play next year and not retire. The Sedins are not the Canucks problem, the horrible drafting and trading of the last 10 years are. Just how much impact are guys like White , Hodgson, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, McCann, Horvat, Shikaruk, Virtanen, Boeser, Juolevi making. Only One is an NHL player, and may develop into a 2nd line center (Horvat) and they gave up one of the best Goalies in the league to get him. Obviously the jury is still out on Boeser and Juolevi. To draft that badly for so long usually means you need to revamp your scouting system. Just in 2014 they took Virtanen who seems to prove over and over again that he is dumb as a bag of pucks, over Larkin, Nylander, Ehlers and others. Of course Boston snapped up Pastrnak right after Canucks took McCann. The cupboard looks pretty bare, this year is a poor draft year, with the top pick probably no better than 5th or 6th if he had been in the draft last year, so no sure thing this year either.

Wow, what a steal for Burrows, second line winger most likely in the future and goal scorer. Many had him in the late first round last year in draft...so essentially late first rounder/early second for burrows :O

Liking the effort the team is playing with and the kids seem to be doing well... Like how the kids have to work to get there ice time this year..unlike last year.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back