the popemobile is getting tired

Its already applied. In the latest pics its covered to avoid damaging while hes finishing things up. Scroll back a few pages and youll see the nonslip coating pics

That dual binnacle setup is super sweet and clean. I don’t think I would have done anything different than you’ve done it. There are so many corners you could have cut to save money, it’s nice to see someone do it right the first time.

Here she is, fresh off a couple hour break in period.

20210413_131159.jpg20210415_113725.jpg20210415_113738.jpg

Gotta take it in to SG power in a couple days to get the digital gauges setup. Also has a similar issue to the last boat with the kicker throttling down when I turn to the left. Doesnt throttle up when i turn to the right, and my builder did use a longer cable this time, but something is still kinking/pinching a bit when i turn left. The sounder has a few quirks as well but I havent really fiddled with it yet, hopefully its something I can fix on my own.

Other than that, the boat rides great, looks great, and is pretty much everything I wanted. The layout is perfect and the craftsmanship is beautiful!

View attachment 64363View attachment 64364View attachment 64365

Gotta take it in to SG power in a couple days to get the digital gauges setup. Also has a similar issue to the last boat with the kicker throttling down when I turn to the left. Doesnt throttle up when i turn to the right, and my builder did use a longer cable this time, but something is still kinking/pinching a bit when i turn left. The sounder has a few quirks as well but I havent really fiddled with it yet, hopefully its something I can fix on my own.

Other than that, the boat rides great, looks great, and is pretty much everything I wanted. The layout is perfect and the craftsmanship is beautiful!
Saw it on their instagram page the other day. Great job by all again.

So my issues with the sounder could be setup/options related, or they could be stemming from how the transducer is mounted.

When I start up the unit (split screen mode) the charts load fine, but the sounder side starts in the *stopped* mode, so every time I start it up I have to go into the options and unselect the stop sonar option. Once I do that it usually gets a reading but the bottom isnt as detailed as Im used to from my lowrance units, and after I get on a step it loses its reading and defaults to auto:10ft mode until I manually set the depth mode (say 200ft as an example) and then reselect auto after it finds the bottom again so I can troll. There also seems to be some echoing of whatever it picks up with the sonar, as in it will show the same object detected at various depths from surface to ocean floor several times, all identical, and all in a line.

Ill go snap a couple pics quickly and see if anybody has any ideas.

Congratulations, she’s a sweet looking vessel. You’ve put in your dues with this one must be nice to have it, and in good time for the season so all’s good.
Can’t wait to see first blood on the deck

This is the transducer mount. Pretty crowded little spot with the pod, swimgrid, zinc, trim tab, raw water intake, etc. Im thinking the sonar beam might be echoing or being blocked by some of the other stuff under there.

20210415_200211.jpg20210415_200229.jpg20210415_201022.jpg20210415_201031.jpg

And this is what I see upon startup for the sonar. The charts load fine, I took this as soon as it started up so the chart hasnt loaded yet but it does after a second or two.
20210415_200820.jpg

Looking killer. And big.

Looks great!! Congratulations-did you get any hits??

This is the transducer mount. Pretty crowded little spot with the pod, swimgrid, zinc, trim tab, raw water intake, etc. Im thinking the sonar beam might be echoing or being blocked by some of the other stuff under there.

View attachment 64369View attachment 64370View attachment 64371View attachment 64372

And this is what I see upon startup for the sonar. The charts load fine, I took this as soon as it started up so the chart hasnt loaded yet but it does after a second or two.
View attachment 64373
One of the things I see that’s stands out is that raw water intake is right in front of the transducer. Thats definitely going to screw it up when under way. Certainly doesn’t explain you’re electronic issues but that’s alone shows it has to be moved.

This beast is gonna slay!
I got to see in in the driveway. The welds are so clean and all the hidden storage is great. Very utilitarian and functional. It’s so well done!

Back