Strategy for the Northern and Southern Resident Killer Whales

Looks to me like the next election is on or before October 2021
Am I missing something ?
I think you’re thinking Provincial. Federal election is 2019.

Minister Wilkinson discusses protecting the Southern Resident Killer Whale with BC Premier Horgan and Washington Governor Inslee

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...and-washington-governor-inslee-696740761.html

"All leaders acknowledged commitment to pursuing further concrete actions for the protection of whales such as increasing science and monitoring efforts, harvest reductions, chinook enhancement and restoration efforts and vessel disturbance mitigation."

The Governor will hold Canada to taking similar recovery action or risk trade restrictions that can be imposed under Treaty agreements - so the warning there is do not expect the status quo

The Governor will hold Canada to taking similar recovery action or risk trade restrictions that can be imposed under Treaty agreements - so the warning there is do not expect the status quo
What has Inslee done? Has he stopped American Tanker Traffic? Well no, but he’s against any Canadian Tanker Traffic! What action has his government taken to protect the Orcas? Well he certainly hasn’t closed areas to fin fish fishing , like ours has. I believe the ENGOs in Washington State have a lawsuit against him for his inaction. I don’t think we need worry about doing less than him.

I also don’t think the State Government has the ability to impose trade restrictions, like here I believe international trade comes under the Feds? Any of our American friends want to field that one

Its Federal law and trade agreements that Canada is bound to honour. If you want to read all about what the Governor is about to do, they published their recovery strategy - someone posted it on here earlier.

Its Federal law and trade agreements that Canada is bound to honour. If you want to read all about what the Governor is about to do, they published their recovery strategy - someone posted it on here earlier.
Right Federal, the Governor is State, so your statement regarding the Governor imposing trade sanctions is incorrect! I also read the recovery strategy but my post was related to action taken so far.

Right Federal, the Governor is State, so your statement regarding the Governor imposing trade sanctions is incorrect! I also read the recovery strategy but my post was related to action taken so far.
Just repeating what the Fisheries Minister told us when we met on Thursday...I suppose we should have challenged him.

Just repeating what the Fisheries Minister told us when we met on Thursday...I suppose we should have challenged him.
Well if he said that,he seems to have a poor understanding of American politics. Lets hope he does better educating himself on Ministry issues. Not doubting he might have said that to your group and not suggesting it’s up to you to explain things to him

Thanks for sharing the information Searun. We need to more listening on this thread and appreciate you spending the time to share.
Agreed we need to get timely accurate information, many thanks to those who are doing their best to provide it.

Just in case your wondering where your 30% chinook reduction ended up. Harrison whites

Safety released in a Fraser river beach seine fishery

upload_2018-10-14_17-57-54.png

Just in case your wondering where your 30% chinook reduction ended up. Harrison whites

Safety released in a Fraser river beach seine fishery

View attachment 40900
Yeah, I just love letting all the big beautiful kings go all summer long over here in Port Angeles for the last twenty years, just to see them in the supermarket a week later. Pretty pathetic.

Back