Petition to Stop the politically motivated destruction of the Vancouver area recreational Salmon fishery

Flipper

The content. The link to the petition below that

Proposed Management Measures for recovery of Southern Resident Killer Whales (SRKW) at the Fraser River entrances threatens the local public fishery and does NOT help the recovery of SRKW or wild salmon. The public recreational salmon fishery is NOT the problem!
DFO uses fisheries closures as an easy, and highly visible yet demonstrably ineffective tool to address wild salmon decline while choosing to ignore best available science and the real issues affecting wild salmon, such as open net fish farms, pinniped overpopulation. This failed policy hurts wild salmon, SRKW, and small coastal communities and businesses which rely on healthy salmon populations.
Of the proposed measures outlined by DFO, only Option 1. the Status Quo, is acceptable.
Tell Fisheries Minister Joyce Murray to adopt Option 1!
Facts:
*UBC Mammal Research Center.”Our finding that densities of Chinook were 4–6 times higher in southern resident habitat than in northern resident habitat is at odds with the few sightings of southern resident killer whales in the Salish Sea in 2018 and 2019.
*400m and 1km avoidance and awareness protocols for SRKW are already in place.
* The public recreational fishery has already been severely curtailed by highly restrictive and questionable Chinook fishing closures which have little basis in the best available science and stock assessments.
*From 1973 to 2021, the SRKW population has fluctuated between 66 and 75 individuals. Over the same almost 50 year period, both commercial and recreational fishing has been severely reduced, and populations of virtually all other marine mammals such as other killer whales, seals and sea lions have skyrocketed. The public recreational fishery is clearly NOT the problem.
*ENGO’s have been using a “Save the Whales” slogan to successfully raise money and political support for decades, often playing on emotions with the use of questionable “science”.

The map below outlines the areas of concern. There are two maps which are similar in moving sports fisherman into the shipping channel!

https://chng.it/tVCfVB5j

Attachments

• 6B9F42BF-7709-498F-ACF9-3A4F60F5770A.jpeg
    6B9F42BF-7709-498F-ACF9-3A4F60F5770A.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 35

Proposed Management Measures for recovery of Southern Resident Killer Whales (SRKW) at the Fraser River entrances threatens the local public fishery and does NOT help the recovery of SRKW or wild salmon. The public recreational salmon fishery is NOT the problem!
DFO uses fisheries closures as an easy, and highly visible yet demonstrably ineffective tool to address wild salmon decline while choosing to ignore best available science and the real issues affecting wild salmon, such as open net fish farms, pinniped overpopulation. This failed policy hurts wild salmon, SRKW, and small coastal communities and businesses which rely on healthy salmon populations.
Of the proposed measures outlined by DFO, only Option 1. the Status Quo, is acceptable.
Facts:
*UBC Mammal Research Center.”Our finding that densities of Chinook were 4–6 times higher in southern resident habitat than in northern resident habitat is at odds with the few sightings of southern resident killer whales in the Salish Sea in 2018 and 2019.
* The public recreational fishery has already been severely curtailed by highly restrictive and questionable Chinook fishing closures which have little basis in the best available science and stock assessments.
*From 1973 to 2021, the SRKW population has fluctuated between 66 and 75 individuals. Over the same almost 50 year period, both commercial and recreational fishing has been severely reduced, and populations of virtually all other marine mammals such as other killer whales, seals and sea lions have skyrocketed. The public recreational fishery is clearly NOT the problem.
*ENGO’s have been using a “Save the Whales” slogan to successfully raise money and political support for decades, often playing on emotions with the use of questionable “science”.

The map below outlines the areas of concern. There are two maps which are similar in moving sports fisherman into the shipping channel!

Just signed, we need many more to sign this petition!

Facts:

The SKW has fluctuated from 66 to 96 over a 62 year period of being monitored, they are right in the middle of where they have always been, the lie the ministry tells us is this about the SKW population when it's really about radical NGO environmentalists and FNs that have the liberal governments ear, these radical movements believe humans are parasites and the earth needs to be carbon-free by 2030, the other sees us as settlers and occupying their land, these groups aren't reasonable, you are toxic males spewing carbon with your outboards tormenting fish, see PETAS essay on sport fishing to verify this. These radical movements are the darlings of the liberal government, plus we fishermen are traditional conservative males that aren't part of the liberal voting base which makes us more expendable. The wales are well feed and breeding this is backed by UBC studies, additionally, they aren't just our responsibility they eat chinook in Washington state waters as well, but the ministry puts all the responsibility on us. I'm all for selective hatchery catching only. Still, even this Low-risk regulation was rejected, indicating further they have other motives that aren't science-based, Bottom line is if they were truly concerned with endangered stocks. They would manage the 1000% increase in the seal population in the lower straight over the last thirty years and ban or severely restrict river gill netting by FN, but they didn't, they instead are punishing us from even catching one hatchery chinook per day per license, and disregard the significant numbers that are released by the SFI, at this point I believe they are targeting traditional conservative males who make up the majority of the SF industry, we are easy targets who have been painted toxic and misogynistic by the media and government. The whales are fine, the science backs us, we were happy to share the resource with FNs as long as one side wasn't exploiting it to profit. Bernadette Jordan and Joyce Murray have been vocal feminists and have expressed radical left-wing ideas, and you are being discriminated against because of your sex and for the political motivations of the liberal government.

The SKW has fluctuated from 66 to 96 over a 62 year period of being monitored, they are right in the middle of where they have always been, the lie the ministry tells us is this about the SKW population when it's really about radical NGO environmentalists and FNs that have the liberal governments ear, these radical movements believe humans are parasites and the earth needs to be carbon-free by 2030, the other sees us as settlers and occupying their land, these groups aren't reasonable, you are toxic males spewing carbon with your outboards tormenting fish, see PETAS essay on sport fishing to verify this. These radical movements are the darlings of the liberal government, plus we fishermen are traditional conservative males that aren't part of the liberal voting base which makes us more expendable. The wales are well feed and breeding this is backed by UBC studies, additionally, they aren't just our responsibility they eat chinook in Washington state waters as well, but the ministry puts all the responsibility on us. I'm all for selective hatchery catching only. Still, even this Low-risk regulation was rejected, indicating further they have other motives that aren't science-based, Bottom line is if they were truly concerned with endangered stocks. They would manage the 1000% increase in the seal population in the lower straight over the last thirty years and ban or severely restrict river gill netting by FN, but they didn't, they instead are punishing us from even catching one hatchery chinook per day per license, and disregard the significant numbers that are released by the SFI, at this point I believe they are targeting traditional conservative males who make up the majority of the SF industry, we are easy targets who have been painted toxic and misogynistic by the media and government. The whales are fine, the science backs us, we were happy to share the resource with FNs as long as one side wasn't exploiting it to profit. Bernadette Jordan and Joyce Murray have been vocal feminists and have expressed radical left-wing ideas, and you are being discriminated against because of your sex and for the political motivations of the liberal government.
Very well stated.

Very well stated.
Every on that cares about the Recreational fishing must sign and support this. Joyce Murry is a member of GreenPac, and NGO private group that pushes and supports Environmentalist and their agendas in our government, several of their members have links to more radical environmental groups, such as PETA and the animal liberation front. These people subscribe to a religion not resource management or science, they have no intentions of treating the SFI fairly and the economic fall out is of little importance as long as their agenda is achieved. These special interest groups have infiltrated our government at many levels and with the encouragement of the Trudeau liberals continue to push their cultish utopian world view rather that the needs and benefits of Canadian citizens.

Take the time to read the un researched and deceptive lies group like PETA push on the public, the fish world is a daily struggle to eat or be eaten, fish are not stressed, they exist in a constant state of survival, they don't relax or get stressed, they are just programed to eat and survive to breed, many of us anglers can attest witnessing a released fish promptly return and re bite the same lure they were just hooked on, the catch and released fish aren't traumatized with PTSD as Peta would have you believe.

https://www.peta.org/issues/animals-in-entertainment/cruel-sports/fishing/

Make no mistake these people and other like it are not working in the best interest of Canadians, the rejection of the marked selective fishing was proof that no reasonable proposal is to be accepted, further indicating that behind closed doors these people would rather see the industry collapse. We did not elect radical environmentalism and its cultish zealots, we have to push back and hard.

Every on that cares about the Recreational fishing must sign and support this. Joyce Murry is a member of GreenPac, and NGO private group that pushes and supports Environmentalist and their agendas in our government, several of their members have links to more radical environmental groups, such as PETA and the animal liberation front. These people subscribe to a religion not resource management or science, they have no intentions of treating the SFI fairly and the economic fall out is of little importance as long as their agenda is achieved. These special interest groups have infiltrated our government at many levels and with the encouragement of the Trudeau liberals continue to push their cultish utopian world view rather that the needs and benefits of Canadian citizens.

Take the time to read the un researched and deceptive lies group like PETA push on the public, the fish world is a daily struggle to eat or be eaten, fish are not stressed, they exist in a constant state of survival, they don't relax or get stressed, they are just programed to eat and survive to breed, many of us anglers can attest witnessing a released fish promptly return and re bite the same lure they were just hooked on, the catch and released fish aren't traumatized with PTSD as Peta would have you believe.

https://www.peta.org/issues/animals-in-entertainment/cruel-sports/fishing/

Make no mistake these people and other like it are not working in the best interest of Canadians, the rejection of the marked selective fishing was proof that no reasonable proposal is to be accepted, further indicating that behind closed doors these people would rather see the industry collapse. We did not elect radical environmentalism and its cultish zealots, we have to push back and hard.
So restrictions have nothing to do with the fact that salmon stocks are on the cusp of extinction they were just created to bring angry white men down? Have you ever considered that your arguments are very politically motivated and ignore conservation concerns and only address your wants and not what fish stocks need. Salmon caught in saltwater do undergo the potential for severe outcomes when released after a long fight whether you see it or not. When a salmon reaches a certain level of lactic acid buildup in their bodies they cannot recover, this changes after they return into freshwater and their body structure changes however in salt water they are very susceptible to this happening. Even if they appear fine on release it can take some time for them to die or be severely harmed from our enjoyment and sport. I am as guilty as anyone I catch and release fish and understand I have an impact and that salmon stocks are bad and getting worse. A msf would be a great way to go and I have advocated that for years but I don't get butt hurt when groups say sports fisherman have a negative impact on salmon stocks because we do its the truth. If any group is cultish it would be the angry whiteman groups that make everything into politics, its called conservation and like global warming its not political its science stop trying to make it something it isn't.

So restrictions have nothing to do with the fact that salmon stocks are on the cusp of extinction they were just created to bring angry white men down? Have you ever considered that your arguments are very politically motivated and ignore conservation concerns and only address your wants and not what fish stocks need. Salmon caught in saltwater do undergo the potential for severe outcomes when released after a long fight whether you see it or not. When a salmon reaches a certain level of lactic acid buildup in their bodies they cannot recover, this changes after they return into freshwater and their body structure changes however in salt water they are very susceptible to this happening. Even if they appear fine on release it can take some time for them to die or be severely harmed from our enjoyment and sport. I am as guilty as anyone I catch and release fish and understand I have an impact and that salmon stocks are bad and getting worse. A msf would be a great way to go and I have advocated that for years but I don't get butt hurt when groups say sports fisherman have a negative impact on salmon stocks because we do its the truth. If any group is cultish it would be the angry whiteman groups that make everything into politics, its called conservation and like global warming its not political its science stop trying to make it something it isn't.

I could go though and argue counter points to a lot of what you say but I don't see the point your mind is made up.

Just stop fishing if you feel like you have done that much harm over the years, you seem to be holding a lot of guilt. That seems to be a common theme among a lot of steelhead anglers.

I fish guilt free

I could go though and argue counter points to a lot of what you say but I don't see the point your mind is made up.

Just stop fishing if you feel like you have done that much harm over the years, you seem to be holding a lot of guilt. That seems to be a common theme among a lot of steelhead anglers.

I fish guilt free
Good for you ignorance is bliss but i think that isn't the case for you, I feel no guilt I still can acknowledge my impacts however. Steelhead fisherman feel the guilt for everyone else because we see how few fish are in the rivers to spawn in the fall and have lost our iconic fish that just so happen to be the canaries in the salmon coal mine.

Good for you ignorance is bliss but i think that isn't the case for you, I feel no guilt I still can acknowledge my impacts however. Steelhead fisherman feel the guilt for everyone else because we see how few fish are in the rivers to spawn in the fall and have lost our iconic fish that just so happen to be the canaries in the salmon coal mine.

Just because steelhead populations look like this

1650647647034.png

Doesn't mean there is not populations of salmon that look like this

1650648296450.png

You would mean steelhead spawn in spring .. right??

I would prefer not to catch and release, i don't overly like it, and no the DFO and ministry are ignoring science, in favors of their radical agenda, UBC have backed our proposals as low risk, and it kept alive a very important economy to the coast, ill let you in on a secret the FN gill nets catches just get sold at the side of roads and aren't taxed we can do with out them, it the stocks where that bleak, the ministry would be culling the pinnipeds and banning river gill nets , I don't think its a lot of Angry white males, it all males in general, why because we for the most part are the producers of society, the paying the bulk of the bills and building the bulk of society, working our asses off paying more than are fare share of taxes and rarely complaining, the environmental movement is organized and highly political its all so riddled with half employed socialists and radical feminists who hate the patriarchy and other pseudo intellectual nonsense they engage in, i follow many of their twitter accounts and listen to their rants so I'm well aware of the stupid stuff they engage in. So men are getting really pissed off, we have a few things we can enjoy that the woke crowd doesn't infect.

You would mean steelhead spawn in spring .. right??
I mean salmon returning to spawn in the fall that is what the thread was about its pretty tough to gauge steelhead populations by seeing abundance in rivers but easy to gauge with salmon

could also be that those socialists and feminists also love salmon and the outdoors not that they just hate white men and want to ruin the party because they are on their periods. Conservation is needed to help rebuild stocks they wont always be fair or the best route but that's what happens when government wait to the eleventh hour to address the problems which may not be our faults but never the less are reality. Much like a pandemic when we all have to make sacrifices for the betterment of society that is what needs to happen to the way we look at resources before they are gone.

could also be that those socialists and feminists also love salmon and the outdoors not that they just hate white men and want to ruin the party because they are on their periods. Conservation is needed to help rebuild stocks they wont always be fair or the best route but that's what happens when government wait to the eleventh hour to address the problems which may not be our faults but never the less are reality. Much like a pandemic when we all have to make sacrifices for the betterment of society that is what needs to happen to the way we look at resources before they are gone.
" Much like a pandemic when we all have to make sacrifices for the betterment of society that is what needs to happen to the way we look at resources before they are gone. " this explains things now, you keep glued to CBC and Doctor Bonnie, when your out on the river make sure your double masked and on your seventh booster, and you know what have 10 boosters for all I care. We need people with critical thinking skills not people parroting media sound bites, the Sports fishing industry has made now going on 4 years of sacrifices, the selective marked chinook regulation was very low risk to stocks of concern, this was backed by UBC research, do you want me to repeat this, i will anyways THIS WAS BACKED BY UBC.. it was the best option to allow the much need economic relief for a vital industry and protected wild stocks.

Last edited:
I mean salmon returning to spawn in the fall that is what the thread was about its pretty tough to gauge steelhead populations by seeing abundance in rivers but easy to gauge with salmon
Steelhead can be guage on the spawning beds also... almost zero these days :(

you might want to try reading this column, most of us white men are really tired of the angry white male troupe, as if this discredits us into not having a valid grievance. I have many friends Asian and South Asian, who are tired of the fishing regulations, this has nothing to do with race, but people like yourself seem to think they can make anything they disagree with about race, most of us aren't buying it anymore https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/worl...newsntp&cvid=dc695fcd8cea4cbcbb436c321350a831

you might want to try reading this column, most of us white men are really tired of the angry white male troupe, as if this discredits us into not having a valid grievance. I have many friends Asian and South Asian, who are tired of the fishing regulations, this has nothing to do with race, but people like yourself seem to think they can make anything they disagree with about race, most of us aren't buying it anymore https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/worl...newsntp&cvid=dc695fcd8cea4cbcbb436c321350a831
you were the one distinguishing your anger as the anger all white men feel and the cause is socialist's and women, sorry as a white male i am tired of the flags out there claiming they are so hard done by. Conservation like a pandemic or global warming isn't political its reality and claiming it is fabricated to take your rights away is false.

you were the one distinguishing your anger as the anger all white men feel and the cause is socialist's and women, sorry as a white male i am tired of the flags out there claiming they are so hard done by. Conservation like a pandemic or global warming isn't political its reality and claiming it is fabricated to take your rights away is false.
you don't listen nor are you willing to, and you use strawman attacks. I don't blame women or people that care about the environment, I'm blaming radical extremists, with whom Joyce is associated with, these groups are riddled with radical feminists and radical climate alarmists, this is a fact, I'm a college instructor I'm very familiar with these groups.

we aren't talking about covid or global warming they have nothing to do with marked selective fishing.

this is the 4th year, and many of us understand that science is being ignored.

Back