Stanley Cup Playoffs

No offense twinwinds...as I AM a DIEHARD Canucks fan but if that song ever became the "official" playoff song sanctioned by the Canucks I may have to jump ship and request a seat with holmes [:I] [V](I think I just threw up in my mouth)[:p].

I go to a lot of games and I still think when you hear the beginning of "Where the Streets Have No Name" blaring in that arena you can't help but get fired up. The song builds....the crowd get's fired up and out come the players....sends a chill up my spine everytime. [8D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2GEUR7VSC4&feature=fvsr

Mind you.....this song works for me too!! :D

Hockey's back.....playoff time has begun......doesn't matter....hockey makes me happy!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdOLOYwvrMM

None taken Pippen...I was just being a smart butt! I too like the "where the streets have no name"
How bout this one?[:p]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCmQjdsb2c4

Holmes, I have a feeling Habs are gonna knock out Washington as well....
Halak is on FIRE.
We need to get a little side action going on this Vancouver/Chicago series.........

Hey E-man, I agree, should be an awesome series. For sure the two teams have a hate on for each other, make's for great entertainment. I guess Holmes and yourself are glad Chicago has home ice advantage, should help them, cause they're going to need all the help they can get, including from the REF'S!!! Hope they don't wreck the series. Should be a cloer series than last year considering the nucks picked up Samuleson and don't have to carry someone like Sundin!! Chicago's goalie may be a little suspect I hope, gonna see a lot more rubber than the Preds threw a him I think. My favorite all time Blackhawk is Stan Makita, I loved that guy! They haven't done much for me since then, but I guess they do have a few B.C. boy's on the team. Why do you and Holmes have such a big hard-on for the Hawks and hate the Nucks so much?? LET THE SHAT FLY

... Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?

Sorry, missed the S in closer in the last post-- spell check???

Or do only liars fish?

Hey Baq-Juan: Stan is the man, no doubt. When I think of the Hawks, I always think of Mikita. That's who I was when I was young. The Canucks... Because there in our way.;) eman

i am not a habs fan, but i turned it on with 8 mins to go in the 3rd, what a good finish in the 7th game, glad a canadian team won:D, even if it is the habs[xx(];)

holmes... i am starting to not like u[:p]:D

i had a boss who was a die hard hawks fan, and i hated him(only boss ever i hated) so i hated the hawks, not that i ever liked em (hawks)

and i just plain hate hab fans, most annoying group of people ever :D

I'm thinking Canucks in five, Lou is lookin good.... And if Mitchell comes back, i wouldn't be surprised if Toews gets a little stage freight recieving the puck around center:D GO CANUCKS GO!

mmcl

Impressive comeback and win in the series by the Haaaaabs. I will say this much....that was the best hockey series in the first round to watch. I don't think I missed one of the games in that series and it was great hockey.

I'll give MTL credit....they plugged up the middle and were letting no shots get through to Hal-ACK!

As a Hab-can't-stander......I really hope Cindy unleashes the "wrath of Nova Scotia". [:p] :D

Oh....and mmcl.....me thinks that we aren't seein' Willie again.

uh I think for a guy who won the stanley cup a Canadian gold medal Rocket Richard trophy all in one year at the age of 22 a little respect is in order. I believe that was Sidney you were refering too.[:0]

quote:Originally posted by mr killer

uh I think for a guy who won the stanley cup a Canadian gold medal Rocket Richard trophy all in one year at the age of 22 a little respect is in order. I believe that was Sidney you were refering too.[:0]

Ha ha.....yes......I agree. I was doing that so that the freaks like holmes who are pulling for the Habs (and hucks) don't feel like they are being ganged up on or "cyber-bullied". ;) [:p]

I'm with you Killer.......I am hopin' to see the "Wrath" come raining down on the Habs and their fans who have drank the "kool aid".:D

I'm with you buddy[:p]

I like that at the end of last season, everyone was thinkig AO was pulling away as the star of the league since then Sids cleaned up every championship and just about every scoring title there is out there, AO probably is a little caught up with his celebrity and the American dream. at the end of this season there's no question who is the Man!
Go Pens!

I do have to agree that Sid has shown what he can do on his own AND for his team. Great player and there is no doubt.

I do like Ovie though....I love that he brings some flare/personality to the game and plays like a machine. I do like watching both of them play....where Ovie shines is in his personality and attitude. Some people hate it, but I like that guys are starting to show some personality in the game. Roenick was like this "renegade" that people couldn't figure out why he was showing a personality and now Ovie is doing it too.

Hockey was like golf "used to be" in that everyone was so "reserved" in showing a bit of flare. Tiger rolled into town and now you see guys fist-pumping and the "young ones" showing some personality etc.

Flare and Personality - Exhibit 1

alex-ovechkin-2008-09-nhl-all-star-game.jpg

Unfortunately for Ovie...he is now on to this.

ovech_golf.jpg

Can the Habs do it again? I wonder what the Vegas odds are on the series. Give them credit for knocking off a good team. What happened to Washington, did they loose the team aspect of the game? Almost seems like they all where waiting for Alex to win the series for them. God knows he tried, but maybe he tried to hard to win it himself. Takes a TEAM and a hot goalie doesn't hurt either. GO HABS GO!!!

Or do only liars fish?

Back