Scotty Orca rod holders?

RiverBoy
The rigger in the second picture is swiveled inboard. Never had a problem with the newest Orcas opening during the past 2 seasons. Having the rod inboard as shown makes it way quicker and easier for shorter people or any size people for that matter.
Stosh

Last edited:
RiverBoy
The rigger in the second picture is swiveled inboard. Never had a problem with the newest Orcas opening during the past 2 seasons. Having the rod innoard as shown makes it way quicker and easier for shorter people.
Stosh

Makes sense. I have the first generation orcas but am probably gonna deep six them for gen 2 or Folbes. Thanks for sharing pics!

I love my Scotty Orca rod holders. I had the 1st gen version and learned of the newer version and called Scotty, and they offered to replace for free, including shipping. I have had the new generation units for a few years and you will not have problems with them if you recognize that when trolling they are under strain and the rod is no longer perpendicular to the Orca but angles aft, and to remove a rod one has to bring the rod perpendicular to the Orca to remove the strain first by angling the rod forward. If you don't remove the strain, your cork handles will get all buggered up.

good luck. DAJ

Back