Renfrew 2010 Reports

yep, it was pretty awesome alright. My first triple header triple netter all in one shot. I can't wait to get up there again. It was nice to put the smoker to work again.

I am hoping that the rain doesn't make those slabs at the sand bar shoot up the river.

I know there should be plenty out at the can and beyond but are they still hanging inside the bay?

Hang on Coho , I'm coming up this weekend.

Will be arriving Thursday afternoon with bells.

The forecast for the south coast looks dry so hopefully things will hold.

So excited even cutting some strip for the weekend...DEADLY!

will also be in Renfrew Friday , see you out their Jimmy.was in Sooke Monday and caught 12 in a few hours with my son.

quote:Originally posted by hitman

will also be in Renfrew Friday , see you out their Jimmy.was in Sooke Monday and caught 12 in a few hours with my son.

Good job. We'll be staying at PRM this time so look for us.

Renfrew was slow for us yesterday. Nothing happening in the bay at all. Out at 500 feet it was a bit better. We had 4 fish that popped the pin and one that ended up in the boat. There were 8 other boats that we saw and we talked to all of them. Average was one or two fish per boat although one boat did qutie a bit better than that.

One thing we did notice was that we had to slow down to get strikes. Normally we troll successfully for coho at 4.5 mph but we could only get hits when we slowed down to 3 mph or less. NOt sure why they liked a slower presentation yesterday.

yup slow today hit the water around 830 back at noon 4coho 2hatch 2 wild all around 10-12lbs most boats had 1-2 fish with a few with nothing.

I'll see any forum members in PR Saturday and sunday. White 19 ft Arima with orange buoy on the bow--say hello on 68 if you see me. good luck in the derby!
T2

Just going to start packing the boat up myself.

I'll keep an eye out for yah T2.

I'll be in the Striper "Tale Chaser" but answer to Highlights on the VHF.

Good Luck out there.

( I just got word that a few slab coho are still being taken )

HL

2nd thought, you guys have a great time up there this weekend. Good Luck.

Trev, Kelly, thanks for the info guys. We'll see you out there another time.

I have opted to hit some wcvi streams looking to see what I can find.

Tent and flyrod here I come[:p]

I saw lots of traffic going to the marina. I don't know how things went in the salt but of the several rivers I hit on that side, they were full of chrome. Big chrome!

Fishing was hot hot hot this weekend on sat we played over thirty ho's nothing huge 14lbs the biggest and today was unreal we were off the water by 11 and played prob 20fish, today they were all big our smallest was 14 and biggest was 18.

Everybody was getting fish both days from the river mouth all the way out to the swiftsure. The winner was a 21.5lb beauty.

Back