Renfrew 2010 Reports

quote:Originally posted by KCW

I heard a couple of guys got nabbed with 18 or more halibut the other day and it's not the first time for the guy who runs the boat!
Good [xx(]

Still lots of sockeye being caught? As well did they not increase the catch limit for halibut to 2 a day by this time last year?

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

As well did they not increase the catch limit for halibut to 2 a day by this time last year?

They have not changed it from the 1/day 2 possesion

Hey guys, thinking of heading to Renny for my first time next week. I'm a die hard hoochy guy. I know most guys drag bait over there, but that's not how I roll. Any suggestions on what is the best plastic for Springs and Coho in that area.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I have had luck in Renny with hootchies. My favourite one is a green oilslick that has produced for me this year at Walbran. Use a fairly short leader maybe 30 inches tops. Good luck.

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

Still lots of sockeye being caught? As well did they not increase the catch limit for halibut to 2 a day by this time last year?

Sockeyes are a lot harder to combe by. They are out there but have to really look. 500+ feet of water and you will need to travel around to find them.

quote:Originally posted by KCW

I heard a couple of guys got nabbed with 18 or more halibut the other day and it's not the first time for the guy who runs the boat!

I saw someone on Wednesday that seemed way over their limit on flatties. Hope it was them.

A new run of sox showed up today crazy big sox i don't think there is a end to these little slime balls but on the down side springs kinda slowed today

Just got back,we fished socks to start on Saturday and we picked up our socks and while fishing them we hit a 19lb spring out in the 400ft on a mini pink hoochie...a definite first. Worked the beach for quite a while, nothing.
Went back out Sunday got our socks then worked the beach and again nothing, we did pick up another sock on a purple hase hoochie in 100ft though.
Are any of you guys still picking up springs and hali on the bank?

Don't stop reelin!

Halis are plentifull on the bank, and there are feeders on the Chicken Ranch. White 5" pure white and pure glow spoon (Don't know the number of it, just white". 6 Incher isn't working, one of the other guys is nailing them on a hoochie. Chovies are working out there too, I got some in the 20's the other day on the south. Start near the border, and troll with the tide, then run back once you are 3/4 of the way up the closure.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

know the guy ... friend of a friend ,he's a local. bout time his number came up. not an advertised guide but likes to think he's one. play within the rules or pay the big dough and ruin it for the honest guy. made my day to hear the news!!!!

soupy c

Come on LC, be honest. When was the last time YOU - I really mean yourself - reeled in a hali, he? I bet you'd lose it! :D

Alright, this coming weekend will be our last fishing weekend on the ocean for the season and we're looking to pick up a couple bigger butts. Ultimately we would like to hit a couple fish in the 40-50lb range. Where would you guys suggest to fish? Normally we would be hitting the Chicken Ranch and having plenty of action, but only finding fish in the 20-30lb range.
Thanks

PS It would be awesome to get a Soc report on Thurdsay or Friday so we know if it's worth trying to get one last batch of fish.
Thanks again

Don't stop reelin!

You're talking about that spot on the North side almost smack in the middle, right?

Don't stop reelin!

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

TO hit bigger halis you will need an anchor, some bait, patience,and no to go south of the north line of the closure...

I think you mean go north of the north line of the closure?
Rather than south of it, like into the closure -- though I bet the hali fishing would be productive! ;)

My understanding of it ... look at your chart for some structure in that area, pick a spot, drop your anchor and give it a go for a few hours. If it doesn't work first time, try another spot nearby. They are out there...

Back