Port Renfrew

How has the fog been the last few days?

How is the coho and hali fishing on the bank?

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

><///(°> ><///(°>

I haven't heard any reports, but will ask around.

From the Marina's site:

Fishing at Port Renfrew Marina in the past week has been very slow. There are still a few springs around and a few Coho showing up. Hopefully in the following week we will see an improvement and have more Coho’s showing in real numbers. The seas have been very calm with beautiful weather for the most part but with some fog.

Halibut fishing is still good at the Swiftsure Bank. The fish are on the smaller side but are the best for eating.

I hear there junping in the boat.,bears that is .the tides are better next weekend for the river so I"ll be up then . goodluck if you going this weekend. millertime and the other men you are heroes,and bestwishes to the man that was atacked.Lets fisher hard and have fun fishing [:p]

Spent Tuesday (9th) through Friday until late in evening and came home Saturday morning(13th) one fish for 31 hours on the water.

AL

Spent the weekend out there, fished around east point saturday, got 2 small coho, fished the same spots sunday and got nothing, went out today off logan in about 400 - 600 ft 40 to 60 ft down, limit of springs between 15-20 lbs and 2 small coho under 15 , anchovy and a lime green hoochie seem to work

Sounds promising, Nitnat. Thanks for the report. We're coming up this weekend.
T2

No Rigours

quote:Originally posted by nitnat_junkie

Spent the weekend out there, fished around east point saturday, got 2 small coho, fished the same spots sunday and got nothing, went out today off logan in about 400 - 600 ft 40 to 60 ft down, limit of springs between 15-20 lbs and 2 small coho under 15 , anchovy and a lime green hoochie seem to work

Good report! Just goes to show you...if you don't succeed doing the usual, try something different. You never know what might happen.

By the way, I like that "small coho under 15" comment. I fished with my dad many years ago around Lasqueti Island, biggest fish I can recall was a 10 pounder. He came over to Sooke to go fishing, we catch a 5 or 6 pound "shaker" and want to throw it back, he thinks we're crazy... ;)

http://fishingportrenfrew.ca
http://fishingsooke.ca

We're going up to Rennie this weekend. We haven't been up since late July. Anyone know how the crabbing has been lately?
T2

No Rigours

A few male keepers but mostly undersized and female , found the best results on a rising tide as usual in Port San Juan bay.

AL

Hey Last Chance: What would you suggest for leader length for hootchies for Coho at Renfrew and what boat speed?

Apology...
I just want to say that I myself deleted thread which I posted against other forum NOT mods.
I realized it was in bad taste so removed it. I should not have made a comment about another forum which is not readily available to respond to.

Sorry to take up this thread space but as it was latest post I wanted to apologize to the 6 members which read it.

Just got back from Rennie. Suprisingly for this time of year fishing is still pretty good. In fact we did better than all year combined. Three of us limited out on Hali and we got some nice hatchery coho and a suprising # of springs out deep. Unfortunitly we spent a full day of our three day trip pounding the beaches untill we figured out that "ALL" the fish were out in 500 to 600 feet of water. 30 to 60 ft troling quite fast, green/silver/purple chovy heads short leaders and gold/green/silver flashers were producing coho and spring. We got most of our fish near boey "J" (watch the line and check your regs) happy hunting.:D

Thanks for the info capncrunch. I've fished Renfrew a fair amount but only the shore or close to it. How far out is the 500 to 600 ft. level? ie how many miles and would that be i/4, 1/2, 3/4 the way to the bank?

We had good luck about 6km SW of Owen Pt. and also if you want to make the trip about 26km Due West of Owen we had a great bite for a couple of hours Mon morning. Unfortunitly lots of feeders and shakers but we did get some nice hatchery coho and a few decent keeper springs. Anywhere out at the 140 to 180 meter levels seem to be good right now. One fella caught a 32 lb spring 160m @ 32ft straight off camper.

We got 4 coho in 550 ft of water on Saturday, but none today. Very slow today for us.
T2

No Rigours

Back