Pesky American Looking for help

Ha ha. My old boat was Sir Reel but not an Ocean Sport it was a 2700 SeaSport. I saw yours for sale recently. Did you just get it this summer or last? Ocean Sports are very nice boats. Very salty looking.
I purchased a 30' Commander( night be same Volvo D260 drives as yours) instead and very happy with it. A little more cruising than fishing type boat. Have to troll off one of the mains as no kicker. Tons of room inside though and command bridge too.
Another Commander 30 owner lives in Seattle and takes it up to Rivers Inlet every summer. Mid to late July I think.
Looks like my boat is big enough to go where you did just have to do it! Next year....
Cheers!
Dave aka Sir Reel

Ha ha. My old boat was Sir Reel but not an Ocean Sport it was a 2700 SeaSport. I saw yours for sale recently. Did you just get it this summer or last? Ocean Sports are very nice boats. Very salty looking.
I purchased a 30' Commander( night be same Volvo D260 drives as yours) instead and very happy with it. A little more cruising than fishing type boat. Have to troll off one of the mains as no kicker. Tons of room inside though and command bridge too.
Another Commander 30 owner lives in Seattle and takes it up to Rivers Inlet every summer. Mid to late July I think.
Looks like my boat is big enough to go where you did just have to do it! Next year....
Cheers!
Dave aka Sir Reel
I bought it last December in Anacortes after the previous owner upgraded to the big brother Lindell 42 or 46. I have the 260's as well even though I swore I would never own a volvo again after we sold our Osprey. In terms of size, your boat would work great, just plan on having a somewhat flexible schedule. We did have a few choppy days running up, just a matter of how much of a pounding you were willing to take each day running in 3-4' chop for 70 mile runs between the ports we chose(my wife finally figured out the driver seat was the place to be). On the smooth mornings, just set the Auto pilot, throttles to about 3,000 RPM'S(recommended on our boat), and enjoy the ride, occasionally steering to miss the occasional log or boater. We cruised anywhere from 26-30knots depending on tide.

Sounds great. Yes you need a flexible schedule so you don’t have to rush or take chances.
My Seasport had the 41 series Volvo. Great engine just smoked on startup.
I run at 2900 doing 30 knots. Tops out at 36 knots.
What year is yours? Mine is 2005 and one of the first series of D260’s.
When do you plan to go again next year?
I am actually in Anacortes and Friday Harbour August 23rd to 26th for the SeaSport Rendezvous. They still want me to attend even though I don’t have my Seasport anymore. Might be because I bring Canadian beer!

Sounds great. Yes you need a flexible schedule so you don’t have to rush or take chances.
My Seasport had the 41 series Volvo. Great engine just smoked on startup.
I run at 2900 doing 30 knots. Tops out at 36 knots.
What year is yours? Mine is 2005 and one of the first series of D260’s.
When do you plan to go again next year?
I am actually in Anacortes and Friday Harbour August 23rd to 26th for the SeaSport Rendezvous. They still want me to attend even though I don’t have my Seasport anymore. Might be because I bring Canadian beer!

2008. Bought it with 595 hours on both motors. Also have a 25 horse yamaha kicker for trolling that works fabulous. Love the D4's. Biggest issue I have with Volvo is not the motors themselves but in state of Oregon, only two certified Volvo mechanics, one in Portland and one in Brookings. Also not thrilled on the cost of parts. I recently replaced a relay on one starter, $330 later and a few bruised knuckles, I was a little anxious, but gained a lot more respect on why I pay boat mechanics so much. Their "easy job" took me a couple trips to boat rounding up the right tools and standing on my head trying to work on things. Like anything though, if I ever have to do again, will take quarter of the time. Also had to change o-ring on after-cooler(the cause of starter issue) that was also fun experience. Made out ok after breaking plastic cap then spending another $300 on new one. Nothing beats boat ownership, guess that is why I have 2 sleds and a drift boat sitting in my shop:).
Next year we may wait until 2nd week of August to let few more Coho show up. We have great Chinook fishing here most years, but something about chasing 15lb coho that really gets us excited. Have fun at the SeaSport Rendesvous. I was about 10 minutes from buying a new 28 foot until my wife saw the Ocean Sport.

Back