my next (last) project boat

So, that's about it for working on the boat for this year, I'll make her pretty in the fall/winter. Time to get some blood on her :)
WIN_20150613_170905_zpsdwbhsn7a.jpg

WIN_20150613_170845_zps24hjxroi.jpg

Looks pretty damn nice to me!! Good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great and love the progression from start to finish as well. The only thing that would make those last pictures look better is some blood on the floors. Time to make that happen. Can't wait to see the "dirty" pictures.

Looks great and love the progression from start to finish as well. The only thing that would make those last pictures look better is some blood on the floors. Time to make that happen. Can't wait to see the "dirty" pictures.

Will not take long, as that boat has caught thousands of salmon in the past. Best of luck and safe boating....BB

Congrats on your project AF! Started reading from page 1 thinking I'd finish tonight and couldn't stop reading!

Great inspiration for all of us with projects in mind.

TL22

Great work Gary. Your work ethic and talent with boats is 2nd to none. Now if you need a deckhand that doesn't talk back and does what he's told, give me a shout anytime :)

Was thinking about this again today, so I read the whole saga again.
What a beauty.
I sure would love to see some pictures of her fishing!
Congrats again Alberni, I hope she's been good to you :)

Yup, she has been real good so far. Now that I've got it this far, I'm thinking about blowing it all up and redo it from the floor up. I know, its a sickness and I got it bad lol been thinking about enclosing the step down under the hardtop to make a perfectly flat floor, removing the roof and windows then get a westcoaststyle cabin made out of aluminum

Yup, she has been real good so far. Now that I've got it this far, I'm thinking about blowing it all up and redo it from the floor up. I know, its a sickness and I got it bad lol been thinking about enclosing the step down under the hardtop to make a perfectly flat floor, removing the roof and windows then get a westcoaststyle cabin made out of aluminum
your crazy.

Only solution, or cure, for you alberni, is to have two (or more) boats.
One you aren't allowed to mess with, except for fishing etc., while you work on the other.
OK to switch back and forth as long as one is always ready for the water.

Enjoyed your rebuild stories, thanks.

Hi Gary, . I enjoyed following your project. I am starting a 23 foot hourston redo. Not podding it, but have it gutted and like the idea of enclosing the stepdown. I was going to look at raising the existing hardtop or removing it and replacing it with a canvas top. I did this with an 18 hourston hardtop and it turned out awesome. Your thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I started a thread on this forum with my project. Thanks..........Dan

Back