my next (last) project boat

After I stripped off the gel coat I got lazy. Instead of priming it first I was hoping to get away with just spraying a coat of epoxy then paint. I can see all the grinders marks and there is quite a few pin holes. In the fall The boat will be getting a facelift, there is gel coat blisters in the bottom paint so The waterline down will be getting stripped down to raw glass and either epoxied or re gel coated and then I'll paint the rest of the boat.It wont be pretty this year but I'm pretty sure fish don't care how it looks lol

Hey Gary, do you have any idea how many man hours you are into this project for at this point? Looks great!

Lol solid mooves. Help goes a long way when open seats pop up and so do beers!

That is one FINE LOOKING BOAT.......you did a great job. I would like to thank you for posting your pic's and showing us your progress on this project. Hope to see you on the water some day...hope you don't mind if I stop and take a closer look at her.

Yup,, darn nice work,, a real transformation. I have enjoyed watching your progress on this project.

That's great news Gary. I am sure things will go well on the sea test. It would be nice to get some action shots of the boat cutting through the chop like a hot knife through butter :)

You passed us near Bates Point at approx 2pm today.
The boat looks beautiful and rides like it's on rails!
My dad couldn't believe the condition given the age, and was amazed when I gave him a summary of what you've been through with it.
Well done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work you should be proud this was a big job. Thanks for posting the build I know that takes some effort!

Just like to give a big Thanks to all the comments and help on This project :) Man was I nervous today, How was the boat going to sit,fuel system going to work,engine height okay... all these questions and a whole bunch more. Don't think I could have had a better result, everything worked perfect. She topped out at 45mph and jumped op on plane with ease. Will take a liitle bit to get used of parking this one, overall length is just over '30
IMG_2100_zpskwaflzon.jpg

IMG_2102_zpspgawhk40.jpg

IMG_2104_zps7kbjch60.jpg

Back