Catch Up, new to me 20 ft Double Eagle

I'd like to know about the butyl caulk for my project.Where did you buy it?
Sorry it's a urethane adhesive, I thought it was "butaseal". I found it at Baker supply in Nanaimo. Have acetone on hand for clean up.

Attachments

• 17088802132941195986526814934524.jpg
    17088802132941195986526814934524.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for that,I'll try it on my Searay project boat that's finally coming along.Hope to have it for sale by end of March.

Thanks for that,I'll try it on my Searay project boat that's finally coming along.Hope to have it for sale by end of March.
I have 2/3 of a tube left that I don't need. If you don't need it for a couple days I expect to be down to Sidney this week and you can just have it.

What do you guys run for volt meters and ammeters? I googled but didn't see anything that looked appealing. I feel they are pretty important.

What do you guys run for volt meters and ammeters? I googled but didn't see anything that looked appealing. I feel they are pretty important.
My fish finder for a volt meter. Never had an immediate need for an ammeter, but I’d probably get the Blue Sea Mini one.

I throw my hand held in the boat whenever I’m worried about checking something that my smart craft gauge or fish finder won’t pick up. Pretty sure my batteries are going to shat so it’s been living on the boat lately.

My fish finder for a volt meter. Never had an immediate need for an ammeter, but I’d probably get the Blue Sea Mini one.
Thanks, I'll check my chart plotter to see if that's an option.
I throw my hand held in the boat whenever I’m worried about checking something that my smart craft gauge or fish finder won’t pick up. Pretty sure my batteries are going to shat so it’s been living on the boat lately.
Ya having a cheap one on board full time wouldn't be a bad idea.
Garmin, MercMonitor, and a USB plug in with voltage readout which replaced the old school lighter socket.

View attachment 103662
Thanks, I'll look for something like that, I don't have a socket to replace but have hole saws.

I like that. Where did you get it please?

The glow cup I have was much more intense with its UV light strip when I put this in compared to the old lighter outlet with a plug in USB adapter thing. Much more current to the USB outlet than before. They do make one with 2 outlets but this worked for me. The voltage read out is not double digit after the decimal, 12.6 vs 12.62 for example.

The glow cup I have was much more intense with its UV light strip when I put this in compared to the old lighter outlet with a plug in USB adapter thing. Much more current to the USB outlet than before. They do make one with 2 outlets but this worked for me. The voltage read out is not double digit after the decimal, 12.6 vs 12.62 for example.
It is 3 amp which is high for the regular lighter adapter plugs. Thanks for the link.

I did pull the manual out for my chart plotter today and there is "gauge" display with voltage, RPM, fuel, etc but need to go to the boat and see if I can figure it out. For $16 it might be nice to have this one too though and extra chargers are always good.

It is 3 amp which is high for the regular lighter adapter plugs. Thanks for the link.

I did pull the manual out for my chart plotter today and there is "gauge" display with voltage, RPM, fuel, etc but need to go to the boat and see if I can figure it out. For $16 it might be nice to have this one too though and extra chargers are always good.
You should be able to set overlay data which can show speed , voltage on fish finder or gps screen

You should be able to set overlay data which can show speed , voltage on fish finder or gps screen
Ok thanks, I'll check it out. Going to check on the boat this afternoon, if the rain lets up I might take the plotter screen to familiarize myself with it more.

Back