my next (last) project boat

The boat and the work you have done are so far looks fantastic. I love those 26' Hourstons. It's looks way better with the command bridge gone (lots of storage up top now).
For a boat name how about "Last One" or "Last One III" :)

Its not like I don't have enough to do on my boat but I was checking out the wood where the portholes were mounted and they looked pretty rough. Decided to take them out and am not sure what I'm going to replace it with???
IMG_2065_zps3bjnmv8w.jpg

The extended windows is a great idea. Really opens up the area and lets a lot of light in. What are the chances you could find the same window and put it in upside down (Has the same angle), cut it to length and run a channel on the aft edge of the glass? If that is not possible, I'd run a support stanchion from the back of the roof to the deck and then support the roof with some aluminum and keep it open. Eisenglass and snaps to cover the area when raining or cold.

Yeah, I have been thinking about putting a support from the back of the roof to the gunnels and then having snapon windows installed, they would zip into the drop curtain. Not a big fan of the huge blind spots from the wood

Support stanchions and removable sections of clear acrylic windows

^ Bingo some sort of aluminuim support bar tied in add strength to the roof for a storage rack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a couple boats in Maui with extended roofs. kinda like this.

Attachments

• MA-power.jpg
    MA-power.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 933
any update on the boat? I have been waiting to see a the final result! looking great

Not to much to report. Sculpin built me some stainless window frames, added some latches to my back cabinet,wireing. My gunnels and top of the transom were so full of holes I glued down 8' strips of checkerplate. Still waiting for my vinyl flooring.

Back