ECVI Nanoose, French Creek Report

Lurewasher.......glad you got some fish....I guessed where the hook went...and I guessed into your finger.....

Damn! that hurts don't it!...........

Actually, the finger did`nt hurt that much except when we were trying to cut the shank in the boat.
When we got back to my garage, my buddy was going to hold the shank with pliers by the eye, while I cut the shank with the dremel,on the other side of my finger, but that was a very poor plan, so I got my vise out, and clamped the shank in it.
Man does a hook ever heat up when you grind it off about 1/8in from your finger, so I had him spray water on it while I ground.
New Gamy hooks are quite sharp, but if you don`t know for sure, just try what I did.
Lure-washer

Heading out today, got the day off so I will keep you posted. Not sure where we are heading but Bushy hit a bunch of fish the other day off Lasqueti. They limited out on springs 12 to 17lbs all on hootchies. Wish me luck..........BRS

Good luck and say hi to bushy for me! I have only been fishing through reports lately.

Went out for a quick fish this evening to Gerald. Got one spring to the boat and released it and had a couple more hits. Lots of weeds in the water. The bait balls that were there a couple of days ago have all but disappeared, at least where I was fishing.

Got out tonight to the Winchelsea's. Landed a 16 & 10 pounder. Spoons again with kitchen sink the best one. Green Betsy flasher. 110-150. Lost a beauty fish beside the boat. It's why I'm awake right now. It was 20 plus for sure. Also got to see a pod of orcas heading towards Lasqueti. Great night despite the lost fish.

Went to Lasqueti and released a bunch that were close to being legal. Tried the wall and then went to Sangster and lost a nice one shortly after the hook was set. I yelled "get the net" as a joke and poof it was gone. Fired up the big motor to run back and it overheated so a long kicker ride back to Schooner Cove I hope it's not serious, there was lots of steam and coolant leaking out. Still no fish for me this year but it was a beauty day I got a bit of sunburn.......BRS

Got out tonight to the Winchelsea's. Landed a 16 & 10 pounder. Spoons again with kitchen sink the best one. Green Betsy flasher. 110-150. Lost a beauty fish beside the boat. It's why I'm awake right now. It was 20 plus for sure. Also got to see a pod of orcas heading towards Lasqueti. Great night despite the lost fish.

I knew you would get back into them. Having a skunk on board sure makes you appreciate when it's gone. Are you using 31/2 or 4 in. spoons?
h.e.h.

I knew you would get back into them. Having a skunk on board sure makes you appreciate when it's gone. Are you using 31/2 or 4 in. spoons?
h.e.h.
I believe the kitchen sink spoons I have are 3.5 but I have 4 in Irish that has worked and a 5 inch cop car.
Will be out all day today.

Went out for an hour or so after dinner last night. Fished out in front of Nuttal Bay and picked up a 12 in the first 10 minutes. 100' on purple haze.

We've been out of FC several times the past week, every trip has been worthwhile - and productive ;-)
Fish are hitting at all depths, speeds, lures, leader lengths, etc.
Hope it keeps up!

We went out yesterday around 3 from French creek fished young point on lasquiti. Lots of shakers some close to legal. Decided to give the hump a shot outside of French creek picked up a few more the same size. Then at about 8:30 hit two 12lb and a 10lb about 300yds outside of the harbour. Irish cream spoon and purple onion flasher. We found fish from 60-100ft.

Good luck and say hi to bushy for me! I have only been fishing through reports lately.

Hey Kelly, how's it going? School almost done? I haven't been out much at all either but it was nice to get some time on the water. Fished Young point(I know you get fish there) never seen that many boats there before. There were at least a dozen and i didn't see any nets come out. Look me up when you make it over........BRS

We were the other boat on the water. It sure calmed down in the evening. That bite was good. We managed two teenagers and lost two, 100'. 2" TomMack chrome spoon got all the action. May as well have left the other rod inside.

We went out yesterday around 3 from French creek fished young point on lasquiti. Lots of shakers some close to legal. Decided to give the hump a shot outside of French creek picked up a few more the same size. Then at about 8:30 hit two 12lb and a 10lb about 300yds outside of the harbour. Irish cream spoon and purple onion flasher. We found fish from 60-100ft.

SmokinJoe check out the Nanaimo thread..pretty nice looking reds coming in headed out this morning :p

Thanks Jeff. Yeah I check the Nanaimo thread as much or more than this one. Yesterday was a write off. Way too windy so just came back in immediately as I began to get sea sick in the 5 foot swells.

Headed out of FC again tonight for a quick fish. Hooked probably 10 jack springs 5lb and under and got a 10lb white chinook. Hit it the same time as Thursday night (830) using purple haze flasher and a green and white spoon. 6ft leader. 60ft of water. Lots of coho out there too. Many finning the bait in front of eagle crest. We hit one as we were clipping the line to the downrigger.

Hit the Winchelsea's for an afternoon/evening bite. Landed a 16 pounder. Had probably 10 bites including shakers. Mostly on cookies n cream and kitchen sink. 90-150.

Out last night in front of FC never made it as far as white door. following the 200' contour score 3x 195' 1x 165' spackleback hootchie 11lb;12lb;14lb. none lost and no under size. Perfect night for the boats maiden voyage of the season. talked to 1 others limits as we went out at 6:30. 2 others in at dark only had shakers all nigth fishing shallower.

Out this AM for a morning bite. Fished the Winchwelsea's. Managed one decent keeper, 8lbs. Tons of Coho out there! A friend told me they are slightly endangered in the Georgia Straight so I didn't keep any but we probably had 20 bites and half from Coho. Saw a guy on the dock with 3 coho and a decent 15-20lb spring also. I asked him where he was fishing and he just sort of pointed towards the ocean, haha. Not very forth coming. Ah well. I was using cookies n'cream and kitchen sink.

I also got a little visit from the Navy out there. I guess I just skimmed the Whiskey Gulf area and he came over to profess his wisdom (although it was clear I was headed away from Whiskey Gulf). He did say they are being very active all week with Torpedo's in that area so I do appreciate him telling me as I'd rather not get hit with a torpedo.

Back