ECVI Nanoose, French Creek Report

Fished Ballenas last night with Vancity Tyee. He showed me how to fish for jacksprings :) Got 8-10 jack springs, no keepers and no coho. The jacks were all about 20".
There's going to be very little tide action tonight. Looks like a high slack from 3:30 to 8:00PM. Tide is only going to change about 1.5' during that time.

MRWood Thanks for having me out last night. Feel free to drop bye anytime.

Went out with my uncle on his Commander this afternoon off Ballenas and caught a bigger jack spring at 16lbs in 185' of water.

Plain green flasher
Green hoochie

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375325573.644657.jpg

Nor much hearing very much at all these recent days about French Creek, Sangster, Ballenas, Gerald, Mistaken etc etc.

No fish around?......or has everyone got a case of zipper-lip?

Hi Seafever,
Picked up a 12 at Sangster yesterday. Green & white coyote spoon 140'. Lost some lead over there, it was a pricey fish :)
Lots of bait closer to shore.

Out tonight at Balenas . Lots of bait and several boats came and went. We were the only ones who stayed more than an hour before leaving. Fished 40-200 . picked up and released a 21" at 170' spackle back. No one else in the area we saw had any fish on. tried mistaken for an hour and got one nice snapper at 165' in 300'. managed a few prawns and saw one guy back at the dock; he had one from out front of the marina 14lb. out 3:30-8pm. Also the dfo recorder at the ramp at FC said NO fish had been brought in before 3:30pm. same old story last few weeks lots of bait but very few fish. Think where being punished for the great june and early july.

Fished Sangster tonight. One under size spring and lost another. All on anchovy and purple haze flasher at 123'. Seems to have slowed down alot. Going to give the neighborhood a troll and try out a few new techniques next time I'm out.

That time of year changes from day to day, depending on where the fish are feeding. Sangster was on fire Saturday and dead sunday and monday

Was out fishing yesterday......

Any Chinook or Coho we caught was full of 2 1/2" bait.

Whereas the Lingcod all had 6 to 7 inch fish in them....hard to tell what because they were pretty well digested.

We were out in front of French Creek yesterday for about 5 hours through low slack and nothing to bring home.
Only a couple of shakers and a couple of dogfish.
Lots of boats out, but they started to thin out right around low slack, which says something, considering that we never saw a net out.
Lure-wsher

Based on my experience a couple days ago....they were going from one extreme to the other.

either 2 1/2 inch Coho killers...or 5 inch long Cop Car spoons.

fished 4 to 9 yesterday in front of marina caught a ten pound spring also caught several cohos and lots of fish being caught by other boats, saw nothing big go in the nets but there was lots of action... fished army truck spoons and uv squirts with long leaders

Out last night and I have only one word for the fishing PHENOMENAL. Out front of the marina and to the left 1-2 km ; once I found them couldn't keep them off. Was out 1 1/2" hours.
9 lb spring ; released a pink and then a double header of springs and right back down and right away another 14lb spring. 6pm-7:30 that was no where near a major bite or a tide. So now I have the chance to go out again but so far I have an empty seat in the boat. There was a bit of wind and it was hard working the boat in the big roll and constant hits. Using cop car 5"spoon and spackle back needle fish hoochie. Most hits at 150-155 but some at 175 as well. Will be out tonight if I can find a partner.

Back out again tonight with another member from the site on the open seat program. Still a lot of fish showing on the sounder and lots of small hits. One lost at the boat ; one small released 3 boated all were ho's. One hatch kept. Not bad for another fish just over 2 hours. All at 150-155 on spoons cop car and Irish cream. Nice to finally see some ho's as it was my first Iv'e seen this year and contrary to all springs at same depth last night. Just before coming in we also saw as school of about 30 pink finning and jumping in a straight line headed on a north run.

Out last night and I have only one word for the fishing PHENOMENAL. Out front of the marina and to the left 1-2 km ; once I found them couldn't keep them off. Was out 1 1/2" hours.
9 lb spring ; released a pink and then a double header of springs and right back down and right away another 14lb spring. 6pm-7:30 that was no where near a major bite or a tide. So now I have the chance to go out again but so far I have an empty seat in the boat. There was a bit of wind and it was hard working the boat in the big roll and constant hits. Using cop car 5"spoon and spackle back needle fish hoochie. Most hits at 150-155 but some at 175 as well. Will be out tonight if I can find a partner.

Which Marina ? French Creek?

Out Last night for a couple hours 5:30-8 . was fairly rough so was a bit of a bump fest. With all the rain the fish and bait that was there seems to have moved on. Managed one ho on the way in from around 100'(fish were showing on the sounder at 90') and had another hit at 155'. There were about 6-7 boats out front of FC only saw 2 nets ; one must have been a wild ho as he isspected it in the net in the water and then released it. The other was a nice low teener said he got at 200'. Be out to try again tonight if the wind fairy goes home for the night. Great low slack bite at 8:30; should be good if there are any that have moved in.

Fished Gerald tonight. Gaffed a 6lb pink. Only hit all day lots of weeds out there couldn't keep them off the lines it was like a carpet out there. Gonna give the morning tide a try tomorrow at Ballenas.

Back