ECVI Nanoose, French Creek Report

This hoochy has been getting more hits than the Splatterback lately...

when Angelo sold it , he called it The Toad......

Pac Net has these in the North Pacific brand....

001.jpg

Headed over to Ballenas this evening for the tide change. Never seen so many boats there. Fished one side green white hootchie green glow flasher and the other side purple haze flasher and coyote blue and silver spoon. Had only one bite and landed a 14lb red spring on purple haze and coyote spoon. Seemed a bit slow didn't see to many other nets out. Going to try and Head back out tomorrow.

Depth 158 on the rigger

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishing must be smokin' hot somewhere near Fr.Creek.......every night I go down there and there's about 50 empty trailers in the parking lot and beyond.....then you look out front and there's 6 boats out there.....

The other 44 must be hiding behind Sangster..........:D

Fishing must be smokin' hot somewhere near Fr.Creek.......every night I go down there and there's about 50 empty trailers in the parking lot and beyond.....then you look out front and there's 6 boats out there.....

The other 44 must be hiding behind Sangster..........:D
Fraid not I was behind sangster tonight and the were 5 boats north about 5 south and only 1 ; I saw hiding behind. Wasn't a very good night out there .I only had one quick hitter and off. Never saw another net out . Talking to other boats had nothing or had released wild ho's. Did manage to find a whole for ling and rocks in decent size so not a loss for the night.Lot was about 75% full in the PM . Heard it was over flow to the store in the morning.

Fished off mistaken tonight picked up a 6LB Hatch Coho. Fought a nice spring for a good 10 Minuets when the flasher broke surface the fish got off.

Depth 160
Flasher purple haze
UV hoochie

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374731823.806137.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374731842.781659.jpg

Fishing seems to have slowed quite a bit in Nanoose area, at least for me. Went out this morning for 3-4 hrs and nada besides a small coho and a rock cod. Fished Mistaken and the green can bouy. Really rough as well. Been blowing NW hard for the past 4-5 days.
Try it again tonight as it's supposed to calm down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like posting about failure. It's like stock trading no one ever hears about the bad trades just the good ones. But here goes. I went out last night and again got essentially skunked. Fished around Douglas to change it up, front of Gerald, up to the green can bouy. Fished deep, shallow, mid depth and nothing but a couple grilse. Fished must have moved out of the area. It was a beauty of a night though, finally a little calmer weather. I see the Nanaimo boys are doing ok.

Was out yesterday off Grey Rocks area.....essentially jigging for bottomfish from about noon until 8 p.m. with my wife.

Didi not start trolling until about 5 p.m.

Low slack was 5:30 p.m. so figured that and after would be best time for trolling.

But......while jigging I noticed there was way more fish around between noon and 4p.m. than there was after that.

High slack was around 12:30pm.

After 5:30 p.m. the fish mostly disappeared........so much for the evening bite.

Noticed some nice huge baitballs around 3p.m. that were shallow.

Usually the low slack outfishes the high.......but in this case I think I would have done much better for salmon if I was trolling noon to 3p.m.

Did good o.k. for b/fish......and picked up a few undersize Chinook trolling fairly shallow with small metallic green/chrome J-plugs with no flasher. But basically it was "dinker" city later on.....

Quite a few boats out.....nobody reaching for the net.....

I was jigging off Ballenas last night in the inflatable. The water was just boiling with baitfish it was everywhere. It was almost like a herring spawn. I only saw one boat land a 15lb spring when i got there and one guy pick up a hatch coho out of the 14 boats that where there. I will get the Hourston back today and try it again with downriggers.

Back