Dual helm v drive with kicker

aheny

I'm working on a 23' uniflite v-drive and am curious what my options are as far as steering. I have cable steering running from the pilot house to the rudder. On the fishing deck there is a second cable steering setup for the kicker (on the swimgrid).
Is there a simple way to steer both the rudder and the kicker from the 2nd steering position?

Attachments

• 00K0K_ixVuB9FsEtX_600x450.jpg
    00K0K_ixVuB9FsEtX_600x450.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for the ideas, but I don't think they make ez steer for rudders.
My issue is sending steering control to a kicker and a rudder. Is there a way I can do that hydraulically?

Last edited:
May be best just to use a separate steering system for the kicker. Check out intellisteer,a bunch of us using them with good success

I have run ezsteer,panther and the intellisteer has been the best. It comes in either steering cable units which is what I run or hydraulic. The motors are pretty heavy duty and install is easy. The remote could be better the batteries are finicky the change and a little harder to find. I am really liking my unit. 2 seasons on it now trouble free. A few of my friends run the hydraulic system and have it tied into a rear helm also

Back