Direct Drive mains kicker steering

uclueletcharters

Question has any one tied kicker steering in to direct drive rudder steering? Have twin direct drives and a 40hp kicker with wheel at back but would like to tie into the main steering system which is rudders. Be nice to steer from in cabin or on bridge as well vs just the station at the back

You have hydrailuilic steering. So you could add a hydraulic cylinder to your kicker. Along with a valve to turn it on and off if you wanted

You have hydrailuilic steering. So you could add a hydraulic cylinder to your kicker. Along with a valve to turn it on and off if you wanted
Great idea I guess get a couple custom length lines run add a cylinder with valve to isolate. Be nice when weathers bad plus close combat trolling so I can see where I’m going. In the back there’s limited visibility to much cabin in front.

Great idea I guess get a couple custom length lines run add a cylinder with valve to isolate. Be nice when weathers bad plus close combat trolling so I can see where I’m going. In the back there’s limited visibility to much cabin in front.

You could get away with a baystar cylinder. Change the helm at the back to a hydraulic one and add a valve. Done

Stick with a seastar helm however. Not baystar

Back