Camping in Bamfield

Highliner

Hey Fellas,

I'm looking for feedback on camping in Bamfield. We'd like to be a bit closer than Poet Nook. I've never stayed at Island Fish Camp or Seebeem. What about Centennial Park Campground?

Is there ice and or freezers available at any of these places?

Any advice or input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Island fish camp dosen't really exist anymore. Seabeam dosen't have camping space but rent out accommodatiom pretty cheap. Centenial Park does provide camping, showers, and moorage and does give power to a few if you need it. Pachena is a great camping spot, but very few hookups and yes you do have to moor in Bamfield or launch your boat daily for 9 bucks

haven't done it for several years but I always enjoyed camping at Pachena and parking the boat in at Grappler in Bamfield. If you are bringing the wife and kids, Pachena is the place to be. (And if you're not bringing the wife and kids, the naked German girls frolicking inthe surf still make it the place to be!)
T2

Camp at Pachena and moor in Grappler. Super good. But, when I'm there I'm on fishing hours, so I always miss the chix. Dang.

Sorry to hear that Fish Camp has gone under... I liked the dude running it.

As for hook-ups (not Germans) I live in a tent, so no idea.

Thanks for the replies guys. This is purely a fishing trip, so we might try to stay in town near the boat. Pachena sounds great though for a family/fishing trip. It sounds like Seabeem or Centennial is the way to go.

Hey Highlander--- have a look at my post on the Bamfied sticky....... Do NOT go near SeaBeam- The place is a dump and the docks and ramps are not where you want ANY kids . The ramp is slimy and at low tide, a real challenge. The expanded metal deck will slice/dice/chop andone who slips. Ask Fishing Assissin about that.

Thanks for the comments Cuba. Very timely indeed. The extra run from Poett Nook is sounding better all the time.

We stayed and are staying at mills landing again this weekend. Not exactly camping but the cabins are mint, clean comfy, warm, full amineties etc. Nice place to lay your head after fishing thats forsure. They run bunks so you can squeeze 4 guys in a 1 bedroom, and for 150 a night its worth it. 3 nights for a 100 a peice with 4 guys. YOu cant beat that IMO

wow, grapplers taking a beating.....too bad the owners of island fish camp couldnt make a go, on the other hand i am interested in a group buy of the 5.2 acres at the camp. i have 5 serious interested and need another 5. Then a strata lawyer to set it up. needs clearing, (and atco's demo), and a septic system ( est 45-55k per share). shares can be split privately once. probability of no year round living except for existing cabin which could be rented out to kick back to strata fund.

i know locals have different interests into what goes on in as in any quiet neighbourhood, pm if any concerns,, or interest in this post.

yup,, buck up and stay the west side, last time early season was 160/day moorage incl,dont know what it is now?,good meals, hot shower and a shi--er on land,, what could be better.

We are looking at going up to Bamfield June 12th to 17th. have stayed at Seabeam the past 2 years but I think I've had enough of the rot and decay there.
Will look into Mills Landing this week. Don't know much about the place so far.
We have 4 guys and 2 boats.

Back