Bamfield - What to do?!

Rain City

Crew Member
Hey guys,

I'll be mooring at Mills Landing May 15th - July 5th. I'm going to try and do a couple week-long trips and maybe another long weekend in between. Outside of fishing what is there to do? Any cool beaches or historical sites to see? We plan on anchoring in a few bays or even finding some transient moorage for a night or two elsewhere. Don't mind traveling 50-60 miles if need be but with the wife and kid hitting the high seas isn't ideal. Any input would be much appreciated!

There’s lots of fishing to do in bamfield lol. I’ve never done anything else. I’m sure there is lots of nice hikes around bamfield that would be suitable for the kid.

a day trip to Ucluelet will be nice for the wife and kid. And dog?? Was that your new pup?

There’s lots of fishing to do in bamfield lol. I’ve never done anything else.

a day trip to Ucluelet will be nice for the wife and kid. And dog?? Was that your new pup?
No my brothers dog lol. I got a lot of that from that post. I'm pretty jealous she's beautiful.

We will of course be doing lots of fishing too. My wife loves foraging for clams, oysters, boxes of wine. Whatever she can get her hands on.

Bradys Beach is like a mini Thai land, you can walk there from town. Best salmon fishing is usually in August. You will love it!
Yeah we already had an inside trip planned for August so I just wanted to try something different for a change. This will also be the first trial for a possible 2022 Tuna trip.

If you’re staying at Mills Landing you have to do the walk to Bradys Beach. grab an ice cream from the store on the boardwalk grab some waters and what not and some sand toys for the kids. it’s a strange walk at first; feels like you’re lost walking in someones private road. but you’ll get there. about fifteen or twenty minute walk to the beach.

There’s also Pachena Bay beach which is amazeballs but i’m not sure if the beach is open to the general public or just paying guests of the campsite. you could always call. the local FN run the campsite there. Pachena Bay is the northern end of the West Coast trail.

Pachena Bay is the palm tree pic and Brady’s is the other... we camped at rhe campsite and left our boat in Grappler. five minutes to fishing Aguilar point and the wall

Attachments

• B2C4C417-85D4-4B03-964C-F3609440D3C8.jpeg
    B2C4C417-85D4-4B03-964C-F3609440D3C8.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 83296EAF-0142-4E76-89E5-D36F3897BB72.jpeg
    83296EAF-0142-4E76-89E5-D36F3897BB72.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 86
Bamtown is a riot, always a goodtime, last year Pacheena campsite was closed n the first nations made it clear they didn’t want visitors, the entrance to westcoast trail was open but once you made it to the beach there was a clear sign that said “stay left”. Hopefully restriction lift there before your visit.

I haven’t been to Bamfield in many years. Is the Hook & Web still there? Many, many good laughs there, and maybe even the odd pint...

Back