Campbellriver Fishing

quote:Originally posted by fishingbc

Originally posted by salt shaker

Going out with a buddy this weekend, hes never caught a salmon before so I would really like to see him hook into something. Where should we go. Whales at greensea, lighthouse is closed, browns bay is not alot better. What do you think is the best bet is.
looks like they have finally changed the wording...

That's a great chart print you posted Haze. Makes figuring out the closed area a lot easier. Thanks.

fished browns bay a couple days ago, there were about 4 caught by the guides from painters, nothing for us but pinks..

They said they were fishing 110-120 feet deep, one fish looked 20+ others between 12-15 pounds

Fished browns on Monday and Thursday. Pulled a 28, 18, 12 and a 10 out of there. Fished chatam on Tuesday and took a 20 and a 16 out of there. Using chovies and a blue meanie at 125 ft.

Fished browns on Monday and Thursday. Pulled a 28, 18, 12 and a 10 out of there. Fished chatam on Tuesday and took a 20 and a 16 out of there. Using chovies and a blue meanie at 125 ft.

FD, glad to see that you got some nice fish and had a safe trip. Going thru the narrows was fun I bet? Hope to see some pics of your fishing trip on your hunting forum? I am a "Guest" on there daily, no lurking for me.:Dlol. BTW, great road hunting here for Backtails.....BB

FD, glad to see that you got some nice fish and had a safe trip. Going thru the narrows was fun I bet? Hope to see some pics of your fishing trip on your hunting forum? I am a "Guest" on there daily, no lurking for me.:Dlol. BTW, great road hunting here for Backtails.....BB

Wondering if anybody having any luck for springs around CR? I fished the open areas south and east of the hump on Monday and caught nothing but small dogfish - lots of dogfish! Didn't see much happening with the other boats either.

Fished through the narrows yesterday. Started at Green Sea and made a couple passes and not a bite. There where maybe 10 boats there. Moved up the channel to Nodales to Davies Point. (About 25 boats including the OBMG) Within ten minutes had my first hit a 20LB spring and while reeling it in the other other rod went off. Got it in the boat and a 12LB spring. Gave it back to the fish gods as was looking for big fish but kept the 20LB'r. Trolled another 2 hours and not a bite until I reeled in to leave but spit the hook. Only seen 2 other boats land fish. Wind had started to really blow so headed back. Stopped at Browns Bay for 1 quick pass and showing fish but no bites. Back out there again later this week

/fishon

quote:I fished the open areas south and east of the hump on Monday and caught nothing but small dogfish - lots of dogfish!

You are going too slow... speed up. If you have every watched the commercial trollers, you will realize that slow speed for springs is not the only way to catch them.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

CL is right - Too slow = dogfish. When the dogfish start showing up around the Hump, you can't use bait either or nothing but dogfish. Hoothie, spoons or plugs are the ticket

/fishon

Did not get out - wife wanted to go to the Market. I wandered out to the pier to watch other people having fun, saw an 10-11 year old kid catch his first fish ever. He was from Alberta. Caught a 36.5lb tyee. The grin while he was weighing the fish and all the attention made my day!

Why have I heard about two over 40 and one over 30 this weekend and nobody is talking:( I understand that fishing is really good in CR right now..

Whats going on??

Anyone...

Once I get my pics uploaded, I'll start a new thread with them. I have nothing but amazing things to say about Painters Lodge and the guides. Awesome time had by my dad and me.

Heading to Campbell river second week of Aug! What are your goto spoons and hootchies for springers!? Only fished Campbell river once before many many years ago! Thanks

Back