Campbellriver Fishing

Fishing has been pretty decent from what I saw. I had dinner at Painters yesterday and lots of the boats were coming in with springs in the low teens. The biggest I saw was a 25.

Hey Halilogger, yup - I do monitor 6, I'm the Olympic 26XL out there causing havoc. Should be out Saturday!:D

Out fishing the lighthouse-hump drift last night, fist salmon trip of the year and we started of with a double header 12 and a 22 pounder, got another short time later around 15. Lots of fish landed around us.:D

Fished the Hump tonight from 6:30PM to 8:30PM and hit 9 fish and fished with only one rod. What a blast. All where undersized and 50CM to 55CM. A ton of big bait balls also showing all over on the sounder.

Out again tommorow trying to find the bigger fish. If keep hitting small will try 5/6" plugs or spoons.

/fishon

Fished the Hump this morning, picked up a pair of mid teens, at least 8 undersized released, as well as a couple of coho released.

purple haze / micheal Jackson hoochie at around 200' seemed to be the ticket.

Little lumpy but a nice morning of fishing!

Lawrewnca, that south easter came up in a hurry eh? Good job on the fish.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

sure did Dave, yeah it was nice to get a couple, seemed my main problem out there was speed, sped up a bit and the fish started hitting. Least I know the new boat will catch 'em, I was apparently the problem[:I]

Just got back from Toba {work} just to tease me as I went by an Oak Bay boat was netting a low teener. Hoping to get out tomorrow morning, I'll be in the brown 25' Kingfisher Lawman I'll give you a hail.[8D]

Heard a rumor that someone caught a LARGE tuna near CR. anyone hear or know the details?
GLG

A large one? Anyone even catch a small one before near the CR area I'd be interested in knowing.

Seriously guy’s there a rumor going around that a tuna was caught in CR.
I would like to call bull, but you never know.
BB, IFL, others, you heard anything?
GLG

quote:Originally posted by GLG

Seriously guy’s there a rumor going around that a tuna was caught in CR.
For some people it's not far from a Mackerel to a Tuna-my bet is on Scomber Japonicus

Scomber_japonicus.jpg

The Hump. Fished the edd today and 20lb with 5 minutes of dropping the rigger. Lost a 25LB beside the boat (Not the first and wont be the last, price you pay for fishing alone) and tossed back a few under sized. Big hit took a 100 yards of line twice before it spit the hook. I am sure more than a few boats heard me cursing. Lots of fish being caught. Great day on the water and lots of people getting limits.

/fishon

hey guys. I fly fish all the time off salmon point and the oyster river for pinks and coho but im thinkin of bringing my 14.5 footer to do some trolling for some springs, shes all set up with electrics and sounders and such just curios on spots to go. As well as any good spots to go jigging, either for salmon from a boat or just bottom fish and halibut. the boat does 35mph so i can get around quickly. thanks

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Heck with a 14 footer you could cut plug right down the middle of the straight hit the hump and run all the way back up to to top and start again. I fished this area in a 14 for almost 10 years, and bet to say i took more fish in the tub than i have in the current boat all rigged out with equipment.

Cheers

HPIM1274-1.jpg

flytyer

Using Army Truck on 36"leader, green flasher

Wind forcast looks good for tommorrow so will be there again

/fishon

I saw some jiggers out there the other day catching a salmon.
Basically if you find bait on your sounder...DROP EM DOWN and JIG!
For bottom fish the hump is COVERED with Grey Cod, do us a favour and go jig some up and get them out of there.
You may even get lucky, over the course of the last month a few Hali's have come in (though 'few' is the word).
Some folks used to jig right in close to the cape mudge lighthouse in the eddy's and do well, but it can make a mess of your gear.
Also either end or the sides of the hump can have bait clustering on them at times and would be an ideal place to try and jig for salmon.

Back