Building boats from Hourston glascraft molds

Any status update on website launch or when we might see photos of the first production hulls?
Hi, Thanks for inquiring. We are under contract with NMI and are looking at expanding their facility. New are planning to be in production at the end of the year and will be producing 17-26' boats along side the Osprey and Sea Sport lines. Our web site should go live in the coming weeks and we will be moving to an online ordering platform shortly. The interest and orders we receive will drive the production schedule and we will focus on building a quality boat while keeping the value in mind.

Hi, Thanks for inquiring. We are under contract with NMI and are looking at expanding their facility. New are planning to be in production at the end of the year and will be producing 17-26' boats along side the Osprey and Sea Sport lines. Our web site should go live in the coming weeks and we will be moving to an online ordering platform shortly. The interest and orders we receive will drive the production schedule and we will focus on building a quality boat while keeping the value in mind.
@Rain City???

Interesting build video of a catamaran in Vietnam, nice you get to skip the mold making part! I’ve been watching Parlay Revival the rebuilding of a cat with broken bulkheads and thinking of all the hull revivers who have worked on the old Hourstons. What will the stringers be made of and how will it be cored. How much automation is NMI investing in? Hope the boarder lock downs have not been giving you as many head aches as other business owners.

Looking for a status update, last i heard the molds went to China... This was from the person that purchased the hourston name. And if you do have the molds, how are you going to market them? Did you obtain rights to the name?

Looking for a status update, last i heard the molds went to China... This was from the person that purchased the hourston name. And if you do have the molds, how are you going to market them? Did you obtain rights to the name?
Hi. I have the molds and plan to start to layup the first boats this fall. They will be built alongside the Osprey and Sea Sport boats. They will be all glass and composite construction. NMI really overbuilds these world class boats. Ours will be the same. Our focus will be on the 23/26 models and our pricing will be below our competitors models. We plan to serve the Canadian market with factory direct orders and an online platform to clearly offer options and pricing. I don’t know the status of the Hourston name currently but since we have the molds and tooling I suspect it will not be resurrected. If you have suggestions or feedback please hit me up. Plan to listen to our customers and provide a proven rock solid performer.

I guess I should hold off on the pursuit a bit longer...I'd agree, $250,000 semi rigged.
Hi. We certainly plan to provide a turnkey boat on a trailer south of the $250 mark. Particularly now that the feds want a chunk from you rich guys dropping more than $250 on your toys. We all know that a lot goes into each one of these boats and motors are a significant investment. We will offer power options and if needed rigged and ready to power packages. I still want a 26’ with pod 2x 250s and a half tower. The classic 26’ Is also appealing and would be a great all purpose platform.

Hi. I’ll be really disappointed if we can come a ways under that. The pods will be full hull extension floatation pods with storage. The aft deck will be huge and clear. I see mostly twins but our pod builder can do singles and kicker options for both. I plan to start with soft top first but we will do hardtop models soon.

Hi heritage boats are coming please pm me for more info

FYI i just podded my 26 hourston sportfisher model with a 350 zuk duo prop. if you are in the sooke area and want to see how it handles ill be more then happy to let you see how it performs. I am VERY happy with the pod design and how it handles especially the way it is balanced now for weight etc and how it sits on the water.

What materials are the pods going to be built from aluminum or fibeglass?
Hi. I’ll be really disappointed if we can come a ways under that. The pods will be full hull extension floatation pods with storage. The aft deck will be huge and clear. I see mostly twins but our pod builder can do singles and kicker options for both. I plan to start with soft top first but we will do hardtop models soo

Back