Building boats from Hourston glascraft molds

It seems like such a hard game, I'm tempted to head down to the Seattle boat show and chat with some of the owners and brand managers and see how sales are shaping up, might be easier to find someone to build these for you now or in 3-4 months if rates don't come down.
How could there be any sales without hard numbers or specs yet?

NMI already builds 24’ and 27’ Orcas, Seasports and Osprey. I have nothing against Hourston but I don’t see a need. What does a Hourston hull have to offer that would make it a better option than the brands I listed above? I’d love to hear some specifics because I can’t really think of anything.

NMI already builds 24’ and 27’ Orcas, Seasports and Osprey. I have nothing against Hourston but I don’t see a need. What does a Hourston hull have to offer that would make it a better option than the brands I listed above? I’d love to hear some specifics because I can’t really think of anything.
NMI would be a subcontractor merely building the hulls for the owners of the moulds. The Hourston 23 and 20 are great hull designs for our waters, but I don't see it happening, although they would fill a void in that size range. Campion is gone, does Double Eagle build in those sizes? Or anymore for that matter? Aluminum 23' boats are not cheap, glass boats in that range might be the way to go.

Last edited:
Double eagle is has all but quit building most models except the 18 and 20'.
Sales guy explained there is more margin in the bigger hulls.
Too bad as the 16 and 17' were once the backbone of the sport fishing fleet.
That is sadly true for most builders. Arima/Defiance is focused on their 19 - 22 foot models and not producing 17's currently. The margins are that much better on a bigger Hull while most of the costs are only slightly more.

CRGreg

That is sadly true for most builders. Arima/Defiance is focused on their 19 - 22 foot models and not producing 17's currently. The margins are that much better on a bigger Hull while most of the costs are only slightly more.

CRGreg

Bingo yep.. even scaling up from there, look at Grand Banks - smallest hull they make now are I believe 70 footers?? The 36' and 42' are a thing of the past.

Hi. Sorry we went dark there. Covid and supply chain issues had made startup impossible. Things are starting to move now. Have been working on other projects. Time to restart the Heritage boats. Working to bring production back to BC. Short term I’ll try to stay up to date here and answer any questions. I would love to hear more about what options and features people would want. All boats will be under $250k.
5 months of darkness again. What's happening sir?

Boat market is crazy and people that want to be their own boss I can applaud
Be interesting and in the right price range should be a winner
I’m sure people will watch closely

Back