Building boats from Hourston glascraft molds

Anyone know what happened here? I sent a message through their site last year and didn't recieve a response. Just followed up. Wondering if supply chain or some other issues got the better of heritage before they laid their first hull up...

Anyone know what happened here? I sent a message through their site last year and didn't recieve a response. Just followed up. Wondering if supply chain or some other issues got the better of heritage before they laid their first hull up...
Was thinking about this the other day. Did anyone ever hear what happened, or where the molds are now?

Nothing in terms of an update. You could call blue star motors who acquired the buildings and assets (including moulds apparently) and ask if they have leads for you.

The website appears to be dead now. Anybody know what's up with their plans?
Hi. Sorry we went dark there. Covid and supply chain issues had made startup impossible. Things are starting to move now. Have been working on other projects. Time to restart the Heritage boats. Working to bring production back to BC. Short term I’ll try to stay up to date here and answer any questions. I would love to hear more about what options and features people would want. All boats will be under $250k.

250k$?? for a Hourston?
lol. this ^
I guess 'under 250k' could be anything but REALLY? $240k for a Hourston?

ps RDale- Going dark for two years with a dead website and coming back on Friday night at 11:45 to announce your 'restart' doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence.
Not trying to be a jerk....just saying.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 2.42.42 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 2.42.42 AM.png
    360.6 KB · Views: 34
250k$?? for a Hourston?
I geuss we will have to see what the product looks like. If its the same boat that Hurston made with painted plywood interiors dating back to the 60’s then yah sounds pricey but I'm sure they will be modernized and improved on. A 23’ glass boat with todays bells and whistles easily pushes the 250’s. What does a new 24’ Grady cost or a 24’ Sea Sport ?

If this comes through be very interesting to see them.

There’s another thread on here bemoaning the loss of another local fiberglass builder. Personally, I’m disappointed to see all the local ‘glass builders disappearing. I say even the prospect of someone nearby giving it a go with the bones of a proven hull is intriguing. I will be watching with interest.

There’s another thread on here bemoaning the loss of another local fiberglass builder. Personally, I’m disappointed to see all the local ‘glass builders disappearing. I say even the prospect of someone nearby giving it a go with the bones of a proven hull is intriguing. I will be watching with interest.
When my 23 Hourston was rebuilt in 2006, we priced an equivalent new one at $160K. That didn't include trailer, downriggers, electronic charting, etc. So think $180K or so. What would that be in 2023 after 17 years of inflation? Maybe $240K?

When my 23 Hourston was rebuilt in 2006, we priced an equivalent new one at $160K. That didn't include trailer, downriggers, electronic charting, etc. So think $180K or so. What would that be in 2023 after 17 years of inflation? Maybe $240K?
By the way, my rebuild was done the way any new Heritage boats should be -- foam stringers heavily glassed in, all holes thru the plywood transom drilled oversize and filled with epoxy before the final hole was drilled. There should be no rot issues in my lifetime :oops:

Back