Blackhawks

Hawks 5-1 over the Flames tonight. Toews voiced his disapproval of their recent play with the media after the loss to the Jets so I think their will be a bounce back tonight.

Hawks were fine against the Avs, Ducks and Bruins but sank back to inconsistent hockey right after that. Bickell has been a healthy scratch, at $4 million per year ???

.............. We lost to Edmonton last night... So I'll pour a sip for ya Bows.

See ya tomorrow

A sip.... I need more than a wee dram. You lose to the Oilers, we lose to the Flames. Didn't see the Canucks game but the Hawks were awful, again.

Eleven rounds of shoot-out tomorrow and then somebody wins. Let's just hope it is entertaining.

Maybe Sullivan and Quenneville have a go.

A sip.... I need more than a wee dram. You lose to the Oilers, we lose to the Flames. Didn't see the Canucks game but the Hawks were awful, again.

Eleven rounds of shoot-out tomorrow and then somebody wins. Let's just hope it is entertaining.

Maybe Sullivan and Quenneville have a go.
Haa haa..well said... ;)

this might sum up tonights action...

canadian-police-chase-people-pushing-cars-through-the-snow.gif

Looking forward to an exciting game between these rivals. If this match up doesn't inspire these teams to a higher level of play then both teams are in trouble. Hawks 4 Nucks 2.;) eman

Forgot the empty netter eman or you would have two calls. :D Happy to see Pirri on the ice. He has a sweet quick release. Bickell a healthy scratch, again.

Versteeg should join him in the press box soon. He was terrible.

With the Olympics out of the way , let the race to the play-offs begin.

Wonder if Bowman is going to stop bringing in fourth line centres and get the Hawks the second line centre they have needed for years.

Kesler ?

Do they even have an cap space left? It's kind of a big part of the NHL now.........NHL 14 doesn't work in the real world

Gee, never heard of capgeek. lol

Off-loading is always possible. You are basically swapping salaries with one team coughing up more to sweeten the deal. Seabrook is expensive and been on a bit of a slide, chuck in a couple of picks/ prospects/ players and anything is possible. Unlike some teams the Hawks have players in the AHL that are ready to go. Think Stanton. Kostka just got claimed by Tampa Bay. Pirri and Morin would be starters in many cities. It's become trade them or lose them.

Given that Kesler is about Vancouver's only saleable player...., doubtful but who knows. Gillis may want to stand pat.

NHL 14 ? Can't say I know anything about that.

Hawks are back at the scene of the crime tonight.:) I'm quite sure that the Bruin fans are going to be out for bear.:rolleyes: In any case it won't happen.Hawks 4 Bruins 3. eman;)

Well eman, the Bruins did get three .Other than the first five minutes, we got beat. Versteeg and Bollig need a press box seat for awhile. Kane's creativity is sorely missed.
Bright side is Teuvo Teravainen is playing just fine defensively and getting minutes as a result. When the 19 tear old gets comfortable, I can't wait to see his offensive side.

Didn't we finish third in 2010 ?:)

Yea Bows no joy there in being half right. I agree Teuvo's a keeper for sure. Let's hope there pissed enough to take down the Sens. I would sure like the Hawks to have home ice at least in the 1st. round. Hawks 4 Sens 2.;) eman

Ouch. Sens win. Didn't see it but gather the forwards are back to leaving the zone like they have a predator on their butt instead of staying close and coming out with short passes. Stretch passes are swell and all but pretty easy to defend if that is all you do. Did you see the game eman ?

No Teuvo, we got Matt Carey instead.

Back