23 Hourston podding

I know everyone hates the alcohol stoves, but the none pressurized ones work great. Yes, they have a lower BTU density than propane but it never seems to take very long to boil water or cook food. I've got one in my 20' Houston and it's simple as you get. Easy to clean, cant ever asphyxiate you all SS constuction. No lines and regulators to run. The alcohol fuel seems to last a long time and it's simple to store extra in bottles in the boat. The units normally have a nice teak tabletop that flush mount on the countertop so you have lots of room to mix rum and cokes when the stove is off ;) I highly recommend on smaller boats would never give mine up!

The boat is coming along nicely. You're giving me flashbacks.

I know everyone hates the alcohol stoves, but the none pressurized ones work great. Yes, they have a lower BTU density than propane but it never seems to take very long to boil water or cook food. I've got one in my 20' Houston and it's simple as you get. Easy to clean, cant ever asphyxiate you all SS constuction. No lines and regulators to run. The alcohol fuel seems to last a long time and it's simple to store extra in bottles in the boat. The units normally have a nice teak tabletop that flush mount on the countertop so you have lots of room to mix rum and cokes when the stove is off ;) I highly recommend on smaller boats would never give mine up!

The boat is coming along nicely. You're giving me flashbacks.

I have the same thing. Works great and picked it up second hand for $100. Nice to have the counter space when not in use.

If it's the "Origo" alcohol stove your talking about,be very diligent about checking that it is out when you turn it off.They have a plate that slides over the flame to smother it.It didn't extinguish the flame on one of my boats and I ended up with a burned galley bottom and spread under the fiberglass liner.They do work better than I thought they would,but be careful.

Things are coming together quickly now..The checker plate tank lid/ floor is almost done. Going to need to dull it down . It’s going to be like a fing mirror.
Dropped boat at Sherwood today for the 300 to be hung and the helms power bled. Then back home for radar/plotter instal new bigger toilet odd touch ups ect. I think I got er beat
0C8DE6B2-7985-4BAD-976E-878411735B4E.jpeg

Might be able to get some kind of epoxy/non skid mixed up for the checker plate maybe someone has done this before?

Install went good. My shop is so tight can’t get a good pic. One thing I can tell you is with the 30 inch leg the motor is over 7 feet tall. It’s Crazy huge. I got Dave Homer coming over for a survey on Thursday and hopefully splashdown will be Saturday

Install went good. My shop is so tight can’t get a good pic. One thing I can tell you is with the 30 inch leg the motor is over 7 feet tall. It’s Crazy huge. I got Dave Homer coming over for a survey on Thursday and hopefully splashdown will be Saturday
I saw your boat at Sherwood a week or so ago.. she’s looking great! The pod looks awesome and well built. Looks like you’ll have it finished just in time for summer fishing!

Things are coming together quickly now..The checker plate tank lid/ floor is almost done. Going to need to dull it down . It’s going to be like a fing mirror.
Dropped boat at Sherwood today for the 300 to be hung and the helms power bled. Then back home for radar/plotter instal new bigger toilet odd touch ups ect. I think I got er beat
View attachment 64942
Someone is going to have fun this summer. With the 300 it should hit 50mph or darn close. It will be a weapon. ;)

Well looks like Saturday is the day more to do but Can do at the dock . It’s been a epic consuming build been at it since December 2020.
Mixed feelings today as splash down approaches. It was always Dads dream to pod this boat. I would like C23067AB-283E-488E-9A86-268E5B1EFADE.jpegthink he would be happy with the end resultEC5DFFDB-3FE7-4B18-B883-DF10017E6063.jpeg

Well 2 hours into the break in pretty impressive
4500 rpm = 35 mph.
Happy with how she sits in the water too. I had concerns about that but looks about perfect to me. Driving from the rear helm is going to take a bit to get use to. This old brain don’t like no changes....Also the shock wave seat is a game changer for my back. Which reminds me does anybody have a extra pump for them. I also highly recommend the Garmin 18 phantom radar. 67604A14-9710-4009-887D-DC9DBDA51A26.jpeg

4500 rpm = 35 mph.
Happy with how she sits in the water too. I had concerns about that but looks about perfect to me. Driving from the rear helm is going to take a bit to get use to. This old brain don’t like no changes....Also the shock wave seat is a game changer for my back. Which reminds me does anybody have a extra pump for them. I also highly recommend the Garmin 18 phantom radar. View attachment 66091

Fantastic, congrats! Refresh my memory did you do much in terms of ballast? She looks perfect on the water, awesome work.

4500 rpm = 35 mph.
Happy with how she sits in the water too. I had concerns about that but looks about perfect to me. Driving from the rear helm is going to take a bit to get use to. This old brain don’t like no changes....Also the shock wave seat is a game changer for my back. Which reminds me does anybody have a extra pump for them. I also highly recommend the Garmin 18 phantom radar. View attachment 66091

Was always a nice boat. Looks great with pod. Wow Cheanuh is really do a lot on that dock with upgrades.

Break in going well 5800 rpm topped out at 43 mph still got 400 rpm left in it. Still playing with motor trim and trim tabs. Water was a little nasty not leaving me time to react to stuff floating around. To many close calls so called it a day after only about 30 minutes. Also a real ***** to steer at that speed. Bow was down to much not sure.
anyway think I will save that speed for absolute optimal conditions a little scary

Back