20 hourston custom restoration

Quinn

D83E3058-95B6-4AA3-AF8E-4E5AACFEADBF.jpeg0E34872D-C3ED-4191-A3F9-6A413D5B43B4.jpeg164B20BB-3F9D-4CB6-9585-FBD9A1863092.jpeg826C2DBD-2A3C-4E7D-A398-2B1275C0225D.jpeg4FCC25EA-6EAC-482E-9AB2-8818D821E1D6.jpeg5F3BA56B-6350-4882-BC0F-7EA35BB51974.jpeg20’ hourston hardtop with rare outboard well. Completely restored and completed dec 2022

New transom, stringers, decks, custom windshield , tempered glass, fiberglass seating glassed to the hull for added strength.

Top cap was glassed to hull from inside. Bottom side of decks were glassed before being installed.

New rub rail, all new wiring, switches and pumps.

35 gallon fuel tank in floor.

Sea star hydraulic tilt steering.

All LED navigation lights and cabin lights. New deep cycle battery. New lewmar foredeck hatch.

Entire boat was primed and painted with Awlgrip, the best marine polyurethane on the planet. Interlux Micron CSC bottom paint

Comes with tandem axle galvanized trailer

Not interested in trades. Not taking offers online or over the phone.

I can install your outboard and or kicker for a fee and also provide new electronics. I have a 10” garmin in stock and can get Raymarine, furuno and simrad overnight.

250-588-4111

$38,000 See less

View attachment 87582View attachment 87583View attachment 87584View attachment 87585View attachment 87586View attachment 8758720’ hourston hardtop with rare outboard well. Completely restored and completed dec 2022

New transom, stringers, decks, custom windshield , tempered glass, fiberglass seating glassed to the hull for added strength.

Top cap was glassed to hull from inside. Bottom side of decks were glassed before being installed.

All LED navigation lights and cabin lights. New deep cycle battery. New lewmar foredeck hatch.

Entire boat was primed and painted with Awlgrip, the best marine polyurethane on the planet. Interlux Micron CSC bottom paint

I can install your outboard and or kicker for a fee and also provide new electronics. I have a 10” garmin in stock and can get Raymarine, furuno and simrad overnight.

250-588-4111

$38,000 See less
Gorgeous boat!

200 would be totally fine. 250 if it were podded

Edit: I can’t believe I just said that either.
The boat is light enough that a 200 would push it along fine, especially with the batteries under the seats. Placing weight in a boat in the proper locations makes a world of difference.
if the boat were podded, it wouldn’t require more HP because the waterline would be extended , making the boat more efficient, therefore less power required to push it.

Pictures must be extremely deceiving. Looks like a 20 inch transom in the pictures

View attachment 87582View attachment 87583View attachment 87584View attachment 87585View attachment 87586View attachment 8758720’ hourston hardtop with rare outboard well. Completely restored and completed dec 2022

250-588-4111

$38,000 See less
Nice refit! How durable is the awlgrip going to be compared to gel coat?

Nice refit! How durable is the awlgrip going to be compared to gel coat?
Awlgrip never fades…..ever. It’s incredibly tough, I have a guide with a 26 hourston I restored, his hull is flag blue and it takes the gaff and rod banging very well.

The problem with gelcoat is that you have to wetsand and polish it to make it shiny. 1000’s of hours of work.

Brand new boats with gelcoat are shiny because the mold they were popped out of had highly polished, smooth surfaces , that’s where the shine comes from.
If you spray a hull with gelcoat, it cures flat. There are gloss additives but they really only get you semi gloss. Not shine

@Quinn, nice job on the paint. Bet that was fun lol

Even though Awlgrip / Endura or any other brand of urethane paint is tough, probly tougher than any other paint around, still has its drawbacks to consider. The biggest drawback is that you cannot tough up a scratch. What happens when that paint dries, is it dries into 2 layers. The color base dries against the painted surface and the clearcoat comes out and dries super hard on the outside surface. Creating 2 layers. What happens if you do have a scratch and try to fix it you will end up with a ring. You cannot buff or polish Awlgrip or endura. You can if it's acrylic such as awlcraft, however awlcraft is about half as durable as awlgrip. If you try and polish the clear urethane it melts into a foggy haze. This is due to its properties as a urethane which is the reason it remains flexible, which is the biggest reason it stands up better against abrasion or things bouncing off it.

Gelcoat has its drawbacks as well. Like when it fades. Can be almost impossible to color match. Even the best guys I've seen will say nope, It's probly not happening. In gelcoat there is only 2 kinds. White and transparent. Let's say you want to go black or midnight blue or orange. It's a mutherfacker. I'm a big fan of the urethane for alot of reasons, however have to consider the consequences if you bash in the side of your boat or scratch it down to the surface below.

Very cool boat, nicely finished and the forward swept windshield 😳❤️

Back