23 Hourston podding

geez that was really butchered thanks to my smashed up phone screen...the Suzuki digital dash gauge, any idea what the physical dimensions are in terms of size of the hole needed in the dash and how deep it is? Just trying to get an idea of how this would fit into my dash as well. Cheers.
used a 3 1/4 inch whole saw and a drum sander the dash is three-quarter inch plywood with quarter inch starboard back of the gauge protrudes through the dash about 3/4 of an inch after said and done

You want to use awlgrip max cor cf after sanding and before epoxy primer on aluminum....like sand the thing and coat it within 4 hours.....allow max cor to bark up for 24 hours them 2-4 coats of epoxy. Can also use the max cor wash primer.

If you use 545 epoxy you can wet on wet apply awlcraft or awlgrip within 24 hours so no sanding....

That's the way to do it anyone who says otherwise is missing a step. Painting aluminum sucks.
I agree do you know where I can get it from

Side note I see most people are using the front mount Seastar helm (pic) on the transom compared to the bottom mount would the lower View attachment 62976bottom mount not be a better choice as it would be 3 inches lower. Also where we getting the small steering wheels like 9 or 10 inch
Trotac used to have small cast aluminum wheels with Suicide knob that were sweet they didn’t have them when I had this boat built though
As far as bottom mount sea star helm I know some guys that have them and some that don’t personal preference

Big doings boys
The mother load has landed
Not that I’m anywhere near close to installing the stuff. Dying to see how the Doppler colour phantom 18 radar PerformsView attachment 63333
That right there has to be the highlight of a build. I'd imagine it sort of sucks for a while shortly after this.

the flat alloy 8" steering wheels are like over $200 so only if you really really need i went with the SS- 10" with built in knob got of ebay for like $50 US dollars..

Regardless of it hitting the wheel, having your hand up and past the wheel looks like it will grow old very quickly. Smaller wheel might buy you an inch. Move it over another inch and you might find the room.

Regardless of it hitting the wheel, having your hand up and past the wheel looks like it will grow old very quickly. Smaller wheel might buy you an inch. Move it over another inch and you might find the
I hear ya the side mount could still be an option . And honestly I would prefer it. Sea trail will Determine if necessary

I looked into them nothing that would work for me. Can you suggest a product for coating to tank
You can use tar-epoxy to coat the outside, I did 2x on mine...

Got the shock wave seat more or less mounted yesterday. Dry fitted the modified old counter. Going to put a drop in propane burner where sink is and move sink closer to chair. Build a row of drawers. Back splash area a little to geto for my liking. Not overly impressed with the whole counter to tell ya the truth. Guess I will clean it up and see if I change my mind . The little pony raw wood wall behind it is actually from the other side is just temporary to check the fit. Also if anyone has a drop in propane burner let me know I would just buy it on Amazon but they’re currently no longer available
25FD8A6C-3398-4C6E-BBE8-02070556C973.jpegCE7ED64B-8485-48C8-ABB3-76F289A29BA4.jpeg6C1B8134-4492-428F-AA34-CA924BE47A9D.pngC5EC413E-287E-4359-B9C9-A22EC6A103B9.jpeg

I carry one of those butane stoves in a plastic case with a fresh bottle as an emergency back up.
Use it every couple of years to test. Thing works a charm.
They are used in a million asian restaurants around the world every day.

Good luck boiling a big pot of water for crab or pasta though. I had some late dinners on the old bayliner with one of those.

Back