23 Hourston podding

On another topic,I agree with you.There's nothing like cooking bacon and eggs in the morning and watching the other boats sniffing the air enviously.Been there done that and would like to do it again.
I agree whole heartedly. Can't beat it.

Are you sure that’s the water pick up for your old engine and not the water pick up for your raw water wash down and bait tanks? I thought the water that fed the engine came through the stern drive.

Are you sure that’s the water pick up for your old engine and not the water pick up for your raw water wash down and bait tanks? I thought the water that fed the engine came through the stern drive.
Not if it is fresh water cooling. Usually a separate pickup and engine mounted belt driven water pump.
Had that setup on my 4.3l Mercruiser

Volvo Penta sucks it up through the drive, at least my DPS does, that's why the impellor is on the crank, stupid POS haha

Look at that gong show. Whos yard could that be??? ;) Stay tuned that pod is getting a 'Euro'makeover this march! should look the part and provide some much-needed planing surface. Will post some progress pictures.

Send em over, can't wait to see how this works out, its exactly what I'm after like I've repeated 10,000 times before. Nice work!!

I cant remember if I'm subd to your thread but Jenkins is on my list to call for my hourston island runner podproject, even more so after servicing that stupid VP 320gxi for the last time today. Old Billy must be laughing his bag off with how tight they stuffed that lump in there. Installing the bracket for the raw water pump is done totally blind...last time for that bs!

I'm fairly sure I want to use a pdr pod out of Bellingham, but I also know of a c dory on the island that Jenkins just built a pod for and it looks great. I'm calling this week...one more season with this lump and plan for the fall. Cheers and good luck, keep us posted.
Ah, at last, an I/O owner that tells the truth about ownership and how much of a pain they are. I recall numerous threads in the last couple years with guys defending their inboards down to their last breath. I owned one, I don’t miss it.

Ah, at last, an I/O owner that tells the truth about ownership and how much of a pain they are. I recall numerous threads in the last couple years with guys defending their inboards down to their last breath. I owned one, I don’t miss it.
When you've gotten years and years out of them and the time has come for a change then yes who wouldn't consider the change over. But I think what guys were saying was that they're not total write-offs either. And when you factor in your entry cost, fuel savings and replacement in the case of catastrophic failure there is certainly an argument for them. So for a guy who's looking for his first rig don't go sending him on the wild unicorn chase and for God sake don't go engine shaming him either. But yeah they can suck at times. That's all.

Got the new extended fuel tank home today. Not that exciting but a step forward.
Research on coating is split 50/50 I read if tank not sitting in water no coating needed. 650EB338-A7E4-4531-BB61-3A5CF1C078F3.jpeg291F5127-7899-475A-896B-FF250EA99BF0.jpeg

Side note I called to see the cost on up grading the 300 Suzuki to the 350 dual prop 10 grand more but included the props
.. Think I am going to pass

Side note I called to see the cost on up grading the 300 Suzuki to the 350 dual prop 10 grand more but included the props
.. Think I am going to pass

Are you going 300hp dp or single? The 300hp dp is interesting as it doesn't seem so far on the edge with the 12:1 compression of the 350hp...

Are you going 300hp dp or single? The 300hp dp is interesting as it doesn't seem so far on the edge with the 12:1 compression of the 350hp...
300 single I didn’t think the dual was an option for the 300. The 350 also need 90 octane I found

I've read a bunch on the 350hp dp. I think Suzuki has a strategy for octane less than 93, knock sensors galore and such but it definitely is a consideration if youre only buying marine fuel.

Back