2020 Nanaimo Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are two sets that guys talk about. The double humps are north west of the fingers in 800-900’ of water and come up to around 600’. Then there are the two on the sand flat just west of the fingers in 200’ of water that come up to 150’. Both can be very productive at different times of the year.
Im talking about the deep water one. The other hump i just consider it part of the sand flats
Both productive during certain times of the year.

What an amazing morning on the water. Went out this morning from 5:3-11am with a buddy off Nanaimo. Started by the Fingers and ended the day off Neck point. Super calm and sunny. Lots of bait off Neck Point. Could see them boiling on the surface. Ended up with two hatch coho, released a few springs and one big wild coho. Was slow first thing for us. Got most of the fish at 120’ on the rigger with green and chrome spoon. Saw lots of nets outs and gaff releases.
upload_2020-8-22_14-54-17.jpeg

upload_2020-8-22_14-54-57.jpeg

What an amazing morning on the water. Went out this morning from 5:3-11am with a buddy off Nanaimo. Started by the Fingers and ended the day off Neck point. Super calm and sunny. Lots of bait off Neck Point. Could see them boiling on the surface. Ended up with two hatch coho, released a few springs and one big wild coho. Was slow first thing for us. Got most of the fish at 120’ on the rigger with green and chrome spoon. Saw lots of nets outs and gaff releases.
View attachment 56189

View attachment 56190
Yeah it was a good morning.

Any luck finding your rattling noise?

Picked up 2 springs tonight at Entrance 200 feet of water, 200 feet on the rigger on the Nanaimo side of the rock. Good luck to anyone with a big enough boat to get out there in the next few days; forecast looks breezy.

I was out this afternoon and got luckey enough to see 3 Killer whales. Two young ones and one
larger but not that big, being followed by 4 watch boats. The one larger boat with yellow trim
was way closer than the others, sometimes it seemed only 100 yards away from them. Oh yah,
One hatch Coho for the barbie tonite.

Scotchsman worked like a charm! Lost one trap with an aggresive pull I think. Sorry for the hijack guys!

Fished South side Thrasher last night for a couple of hours and managed to pick up a 13#. 100’ on the rigger and 130’ of water.

Fished South side Thrasher last night for a couple of hours and managed to pick up a 13#. 100’ on the rigger and 130’ of water.
Is the south side in the slot? You need to be north.... Might wonna check the regs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back