2020 Nanaimo Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful night on the water by Five Fingers. Landed one that came in just shy of the 80cm max. 150' down. We had 3 more trip off the downrigger with no hookup and about 4 undersized Chinook.
Sounds like a great evening. Seems to be the odd one around

Sorry to anyone on the water yesterday morning that thought there may be something wrong with all the screaming and yelling going on. Nope just a group of flatlanders out on the ocean for the first time fishing lol. Im pretty sure you could hear us for a few miles lol. Anyway what a bite, some solid fish have moved in since Tuesday and a lot of teeners. And these fish are scrappy and crazy fighters, shooting to the surface, jumping, running to and from the boat like crazy! Blue hootch did the damage in the morning and black glow spoon in the afternoon, 150-190. Went 3 for 4 in the morning, one 80 and others high 70’s and 1 for 5 in the afternoon, all pin poppers and screamers. Hope this rain doesn’t move them along to fast. FC1D7FB5-E5D8-479D-A702-C0BD33692464.jpeg

Sorry to anyone on the water yesterday morning that thought there may be something wrong with all the screaming and yelling going on. Nope just a group of flatlanders out on the ocean for the first time fishing lol. Im pretty sure you could hear us for a few miles lol. Anyway what a bite, some solid fish have moved in since Tuesday and a lot of teeners. And these fish are scrappy and crazy fighters, shooting to the surface, jumping, running to and from the boat like crazy! Blue hootch did the damage in the morning and black glow spoon in the afternoon, 150-190. Went 3 for 4 in the morning, one 80 and others high 70’s and 1 for 5 in the afternoon, all pin poppers and screamers. Hope this rain doesn’t move them along to fast. View attachment 56097
Were you fishing 5 fingers area or entrance?

awesome looking fish!!

Were you fishing 5 fingers area or entrance?

awesome looking fish!!
Thanks, there’s some nice ones out there. Right out front of pipers, there’s bait stacked up everywhere there the last week or so. Bite times are very specific right now though.

Thanks, there’s some nice ones out there. Right out front of pipers, there’s bait stacked up everywhere there the last week or so. Bite times are very specific right now though.

awesome thank you. Hopefully going to head out first thing Saturday morning if the wind is good.

Haven’t learnt about when the bite times are around Nanaimo.

First and last light
Yes but its also been very random outside of early am and evening. Some mornings not a touch for an hour than boom it comes on, tide changes havent ment anything either lately. Just when you think you got them tricky chinooks figured out lol All i can say is if your marking lots of bait and fish and no action, stick around or keep coming back every once in a while to see if they are feeding.

Yes but its also been very random outside of early am and evening. Some mornings not a touch for an hour than boom it comes on, tide changes havent ment anything either lately. Just when you think you got them tricky chinooks figured out lol All i can say is if your marking lots of bait and fish and no action, stick around or keep coming back every once in a while to see if they are feeding.
We got too impatient on Saturday and moved and moved and moved. We were marking and getting into coho right away. Should have just stuck it out there.

About halfway between the humps and fingers has anyone marked all that salad at about 70 feet. I think its salad but some may think its bait

First and last light
Most definitely has been true for me this year at Entrance. I'll troll around for a couple of hours and maybe pick up 1 if I'm lucky, but if I've found the fish by dusk it's 30 min of feverish action followed by a careful returning boat ride in the dark.

Most definitely has been true for me this year at Entrance. I'll troll around for a couple of hours and maybe pick up 1 if I'm lucky, but if I've found the fish by dusk it's 30 min of feverish action followed by a careful returning boat ride in the dark.
Yeah a lot of floating wood makes that a nervous ride back in

Reactions: RBL
Where are the humps in relation to the fingers?

I think there are two sets that guys talk about. The double humps are north west of the fingers in 800-900’ of water and come up to around 600’. Then there are the two on the sand flat just west of the fingers in 200’ of water that come up to 150’. Both can be very productive at different times of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back