Status
Not open for further replies.
You found sox still? I'd have guessed the commercial nets would have cleaned them all out. Where were you?

Oh they’re still there. Had my best day, finally limits for 2 guys. They were jumping and rolling near the surface just like fishdoc said. At Sand Heads right off the white lighthouse like Sir-vivor said (thanks) in 250-350’ Of water. Riggers around 90’-100’ purple flash was doing better than green. Tried a new lure... called DJ googly eyed wild thing. (Like a pink bead head hoochies with only 4 tentacles- 2 tentacles pink and 2 glow. And of course googly eyes). Worked very well. 7 socks and even 1 spring on the sockeye gear. Spring was I think the only fish caught on the top stacked rods (prob at depth of 50’ approx) maybe one sock too, the rest on the low rods. 2 guys makes it a lot easier work 3-4 rod’s and to land the fish holy crap... only lost 1 at the boat. Overall I think we were 8/13. Very calm water helps too! Burgerchow your day will come hopefully soon.

Oh they’re still there. Had my best day, finally limits for 2 guys. They were jumping and rolling near the surface just like fishdoc said. At Sand Heads right off the white lighthouse like Sir-vivor said (thanks) in 250-350’ Of water. Riggers around 90’-100’ purple flash was doing better than green. Tried a new lure... called DJ googly eyed wild thing. (Like a pink bead head hoochies with only 4 tentacles- 2 tentacles pink and 2 glow. And of course googly eyes). Worked very well. 7 socks and even 1 spring on the sockeye gear. Spring was I think the only fish caught on the top stacked rods (prob at depth of 50’ approx) maybe one sock too, the rest on the low rods. 2 guys makes it a lot easier work 3-4 rod’s and to land the fish holy crap... only lost 1 at the boat. Overall I think we were 8/13. Very calm water helps too! Burgerchow your day will come hopefully soon.
Also, quite a range in size of fish. 2 monster 10lb males who were grey ghosts, and then one small 4lb female who was very Chrome and fresh. So makes we think there is still another “last” wave of fish just arriving. In 2014 I remember limiting out in the river on Sept 21. (Have the time stamped picture... like I can remember that lol) I think this will go on a bit longer still.

Hi Aaron , I hope so. I was out wed, all the way out with the commercial fleet but still had no luck. Gonna try again next wed and Thursday as long as they are still open. Otherwise, it's back to the cap for me.

supposed to start dropping at sandheads around 3 ( 6-8 kn ) and picking up again around 9...I'm going to try getting out for a few hours before dinner..so i'd be interested in your reports this afternoon on the bite :)

Just did a long pass from the pink apartments to caufield and caught a lovely old crab trap just under the surface. Saw lots of bait and some nice arches but no sniff for me, was killing some time outside the pack. Great afternoon out there, wish I could have stuck around . Heading up north way tomorrow, good luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back